Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newer Style Key For Less Than 30 Quid

fil4362

New key for car fleabay

These do fit. It would appear thatthey are too long. But for a tenner i ordered one to see. The key is infact too long, but there is a mark on the blade, i simpley to the blade just a shade long of the line then filed it to the line disapeared. My local lock smith cut it today,for £4. I had previously bought a 3 button fob (of club member for a tenner including postage) put the 2 bits together justspent five minutes programing it and there you go job done. Newer style key all working. I didnt have a spare for my car anyway but my original key has just become my spare. Job done for £26ish including postage and key cutting.

New key for car fleabay

These do fit. It would appear thatthey are too long. But for a tenner i ordered one to see. The key is infact too long, but there is a mark on the blade, i simpley to the blade just a shade long of the line then filed it to the line disapeared. My local lock smith cut it today,for £4. I had previously bought a 3 button fob (of club member for a tenner including postage) put the 2 bits together justspent five minutes programing it and there you go job done. Newer style key all working. I didnt have a spare for my car anyway but my original key has just become my spare. Job done for £26ish including postage and key cutting.

very interesting fil - mines always stabbing me in my pocket

Nice link, thanks for that. I reckon I'll have one of those, which leads me onto 2 questions:

1) Do any other members have any 3 button fobs that they'd like to sell? (If so please send me a PM)

2) Please could someone post a link to the re-programming instructions?

I,v got one of these had it for about 18 months, got two at the time, recently had to swap cases as the key/blade wouldnt stay in the closed position!

As to filing the blade to a mark, i just got it cut and it works a treat.....

There's a newer style out now new style, not too sure i like this over the older one!

I,v got one of these had it for about 18 months, got two at the time, recently had to swap cases as the key/blade wouldnt stay in the closed position!

As to filing the blade to a mark, i just got it cut and it works a treat.....

There's a newer style out now new style, not too sure i like this over the older one!

Agreed Jomo, the older one looks far more 'OEM' - even better if it has the Lexus logo on the back (but I bet it hasn't)!

Grumble - literally got the last of the bits needed to replace my missing master key today! Guess I'll have to keep it old-school (but original :) )

On a side note, I was in my local Sainsburys (Winterstoke Road, Bristol) yesterday and asked how much they'd charge to cut the blank. They said that they actually charge for the blank rather than the work itself, so it would be free as I was supplying my own key. However, there work would not be guaranteed. Free is free is free mind, so might be worth a punt at yours!

The key comes with a lexus badge on it looks right. As for cutting and filing it down it keeps the key short so it doesnt stick otuto far when its inthe ignition. They are bigger than old style key but then i always had a key ring on my key to make it bigger so i knew it was in my pocket, dont need the key ring now.Each to his own i guess on like or dislike. Works for me as i didnt have a spare key anyway, so now i have one of each type so take my pick from which style.

Key programming is on here some where search for it its about 3 pages through the list, i think

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links