Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Details/history On The Aero2 Package

Garthy

Hi all,

I've been trying to find out info on the Aero2 pack but with little success. I purchased a 2001 Sport advertised as having the Aero2 pack - it certainly looks the part but has a TRD badge on the grill, and a TTE badge on the boot lip spoiler. Would this be factory fitted as it strikes me as being aftermarket. I need to make sure my insurance details are spot-on if nothing else as I don't want to get shafted by them should the worst happen!

Any info/links etc. gratefully received :)

Have you got any more pics of your car to see what you've got on?

There are essentially 2 official kits, one by TRD and one by TTE. The TTE one comprises a different front bumper, rear skirt and rear lip spoiler.

The TRD kit is a front skirt, rear skirt (different to the TTE one) and side skirts.

These have been packaged and sold with different names over the years, both as accessory parts and also as optional extras.

At one point (towards the end of the ISs life) they started offering both of these as the aero kit 1 & 2.

From the pic of the rear of your car, it looks like you have the TTE kit with 18" alloys, which in 01 was called the "styling kit" and was an optional extra on the IS200 Sport and IS300.

Have you got any more pics of your car to see what you've got on?

There are essentially 2 official kits, one by TRD and one by TTE. The TTE one comprises a different front bumper, rear skirt and rear lip spoiler.

The TRD kit is a front skirt, rear skirt (different to the TTE one) and side skirts.

These have been packaged and sold with different names over the years, both as accessory parts and also as optional extras.

At one point (towards the end of the ISs life) they started offering both of these as the aero kit 1 & 2.

From the pic of the rear of your car, it looks like you have the TTE kit with 18" alloys, which in 01 was called the "styling kit" and was an optional extra on the IS200 Sport and IS300.

Your knowledge is awesome Parthiban B)

Just to confirm; here are some shots from the original ad (all I have at the mo)

Front...

frontuh.jpg

Side...

sidenl.jpg

Back...

backul.jpg

Cheers!

edit: hmmm, hope you've got a magnifying glass ;)

Lol those are small pics - that's definitely the "styling kit" you've got there, as before it was an option on the IS200 Sport and IS300 up till about 2003 I think.

Only thing though, it's hard to tell from those pics but do you have the TTE spoiler (like in the pic below off my car) or do you have the larger Sport spoiler?

199595793.jpg

199595792.jpg

Lol those are small pics - that's definitely the "styling kit" you've got there, as before it was an option on the IS200 Sport and IS300 up till about 2003 I think.

Only thing though, it's hard to tell from those pics but do you have the TTE spoiler (like in the pic below off my car) or do you have the larger Sport spoiler?

Hi Parthiban,

I must get some proper pics :blush:

But yes, it's the TTE lip spoiler, just like yours. Thanks for the info, it's nice to finally know for certain!

But yes, it's the TTE lip spoiler, just like yours. Thanks for the info, it's nice to finally know for certain!

That's odd, a Sport should have the larger lip spoiler (possibly even with a brake light too) which makes me wonder whether your car has had it's bootlid swapped?

There's nothing in the history about it so I can't honestly say. This is where I was getting confused as I would have thought it would be TTE or TRD, but I have both badges...

Still, I much prefer the TTE lip to the Sport spoiler so that's something!

There's nothing in the history about it so I can't honestly say. This is where I was getting confused as I would have thought it would be TTE or TRD, but I have both badges...

Still, I much prefer the TTE lip to the Sport spoiler so that's something!

The only thing that got me wondering is whether you have an SE or Sport - I can see you have the rear tints, do you have the two tone steering wheel?

The badges have just been put on by someone else, when you get the styling kit as an option it isn't badged as TTE, and rather with "Sport"

277807446.jpg

Afraid I can't see the pic you posted as my work blocks access to such evil things...

However, I know for certain that it's a Sport. All databases I've come across have it registered as such. And I have a two-tone steering wheel, as well as tinted glass with the Sport decal :)

Rory - yes, there's a third brake light in the rear window...

Afraid I can't see the pic you posted as my work blocks access to such evil things...

However, I know for certain that it's a Sport. All databases I've come across have it registered as such. And I have a two-tone steering wheel, as well as tinted glass with the Sport decal :)

Rory - yes, there's a third brake light in the rear window...

I'm guessing your car is a Y reg? Interesting that you've got a sport with the TTE lip, someone just must have changed it at some point :)

• 4 weeks later...

hi just bought is200 sport with styling kit , tte on rear lip, sport badge on frony bumper but i have seen some with the tte badge also on front bumper when i was looking for the is200 , the styling kit looks well on the sport

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links