Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering

stani1029

Right i was on the car for half an hour this morning then i had to work but in that half an hour i didnt even get the front shock out! Does anything else have to come off?? Or is there a way of doing it cause it doesnt want to fo past the top arm of the hub

Right i was on the car for half an hour this morning then i had to work but in that half an hour i didnt even get the front shock out! Does anything else have to come off?? Or is there a way of doing it cause it doesnt want to fo past the top arm of the hub

remove the bottom strut bolt and the three nuts under the bonnet and undo the nut on the top arm and split the top ball joint the hub etc should fall towards you letting you remove the strut

Cheers for the reply. I managed to get the front done today, didnt need to undo anything apart from the shock. I turned the wheel on full lock and got it out that way. I can say it sits perfect and once ive done the rears tomorrow ill get pictures up!

Stani

Perversely i've just bought my first Lexus, an 05 IS300 Sportcross and i was concerned as the front of the car seemed lower (and is devilish on speed bumps) and i want to revert to original spec up front, anyone know where i can get this 'mod' done? Lexus Glaagow want £400 and i amn't £400 bothered. The back seems original.

Yes, i spoke to the previous owner and he had hit the kerb hard in ice and the local garage had not repaired it to his satisfaction, he subsequently took it to Lexus who must have left the lower settings in place. It doesn't look too odd, slightly mean i will post a pic tomorrow if i can figure out how? Bear with me, i am 50! if anyone in central Scotland knows someone who can reverse the process reasonably i am up for offers. Also, Lexus advised i will need need new rear pads. i love this car so much i would like to get it right.

you will either need to buy a set of lowering springs (not too expensive) or a pair of front springs...

if your handy with a spanner they are not hard to change...

ps rear pads are very simple and will take a max of 20mins..

you will either need to buy a set of lowering springs (not too expensive) or a pair of front springs...

if your handy with a spanner they are not hard to change...

ps rear pads are very simple and will take a max of 20mins..

Not sure if its springs or shocks i need. Could you get the ride height back to factory? See you're a mechanic? Sorry if i'm being cheeky

Ed

ye mechanic for a toyota main dealer,if you can post a pic but 90% sure itll just be springs.....also remember these cars sit higher at the back than the front...

mine when i first got her

4389845714a7580133967l.jpg

mine now

mycaratsmc.jpg

also your not being cheeky you dont ask you dont get...

I will take a pic on a flat surface tomorrow and post it, have you an email address if i can't work out how to upload to the site? Thanks

Ed

if you were closer to me (dundee) i wouldnt mind highering (if thats a word) it for you with my standard front springs ive just took off. only thing is im always busy so finding the time would be hard.

Would these springs be the same as were originally on my IS300 Sportcross? If so would you sell them?

Ed

I dont think IS200 springs will fit a sportcross, the Eibach part number is different at least, I was looking at the catalogue earlier.

Depends what age the 200 is, I checked with lexus the other day and after 2004 the IS200 suspension part numbers are the same as the 300's.

@Silversalmon, take a look at Stani's pic's, the top pic is completely standard, if yours looks like that it's fine, they do really sit a lot higher at the back these cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links