Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, GS300SE '98. When at speed and need to slow down rapidly ie exiting a motorway, when braking i get a judder, as if the engine wants to stall. Doesn't totally stall but a bit 'worrying'. Is this normal ??

new(ish) Lexus owner (2 mths to be exact)

any thoughts :question:

• 2 weeks later...

Careful guys,

Changing the specification of the braking system (even using non-standard pads) constitutes a modification in insurance terms, you don't want to invalidate your cover!

It's the direct insurers that are particularly hot on this as the customer type thay go for is a low risk customer and the premiums reflect this.

They are even looking into non-standard spoilers, wheels and Stereo's as this can make a vehicle more attractive to theives.

You've been warned...........

Insurance will stitch you up whatever just let em know normally wont charge you for small mods. One thing i did notice though, other day when mine went in for a service i was offered a courtesy car and they asked if i was fully comp as they no longer offer dealer insurance, So i said of course i am!

After a call to my insurance company to clarify driving of other vehicles i was told i can drive any of my mates vehicles no matter what the value, but a courtesy car from a garage" no sir you cant drive that because its value is more than your car"

EXCUSE ME! they were going to loan me an is200 for the day but because it was brand new and worth more than my Aristo i would not be insured.

Yet i could drive any one of my mates cars no matter what the value but not a car from a garage "yes sir that is right" So in the end i left it even though the is200 is a litre smaller and 2 turbos less i couldnt drive it!!!

Check the small print people dont assume anything :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links