Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service History?

waveydavey

Hi all,

I'm looking at a couple of IS200 Limited Editions at the moment. Both of them are 04 plates and both have done 50k to 55k. Now it seems to be the case that the timing belt should be done at 6 years or 60k whichever is first??? So hopefully they will have been done. But what i wanted to ask was this.....

If i contacted Lexus Sheffield would their service desk be able to check the two reg's and see what work had been done on the cars by Lexus dealers in the UK??? I ask because i know VW group dealers can do this as i've used been told it by my last two dealers (one VW and my current Skoda dealer).

Also other than the timing belt is there anything else i should be checking has been done etc.... when i go to look at them both.

Cheers

Dave.

Probably not as they normally require proof of ownership because the information may come under the Data Protection Act,if the cars have full Lexus service history this should be noted in the service book and a sticker attached to the cam cover/surrounding area.

If the work has not been carried out you could use this as a bargaining factor when coming to a price.

Make sure the service history is up to date.

Have a look for uneven tyre wear on the car as geometry has been a problem here, some sellers may swap tyres front to back to disguise this so look carefully.

During the test drive (should be at least 30 minutes) listen for any clunks which may indicate suspension problems.

Thanks for the reply. I have gone for a 2004 '04' IS300 Limited Edition in the end and should hopefully be collecting it in the next couple of weeks once i get the log book back for my current car, (Private plate taken off ready for the Lexus so waiting for new logbook with original reg back on).

I called in at Lexus Sheffield anyway and asked about the cars history. The guy was very helpfull and he printed off the cars full service history and work logs. It's been serviced by Lexus Leicester and has had nothing serious done. It seems with Lexus that the dealers don't all use the same computer system but luckily Sheffield and Leicester do hence they were able to print me off the full list of everything it's had done to it.

I know the VAG group were able to do this from past experience hence me asking whether Lexus could do it also.

Cheers

Dave.

Yep Lexus dealers aren't connected so I imagine Leicester and Sheffield might be the same franchise?

In any case if you've gone for a 300 you should be fine as I think the early cambelt change only applies to the 200.

Yep Lexus dealers aren't connected so I imagine Leicester and Sheffield might be the same franchise?

In any case if you've gone for a 300 you should be fine as I think the early cambelt change only applies to the 200.

Yeah Lexus Sheffield have told me it's 10 years 100k on the 300. :)

Cheers

Dave.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links