Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring

greycobba

So, bought a lexus is200 sport and now it's time to prepare her for the Nurburgring end of September 2011, so far cambelt change, service, pipercross induction kit, a few cosmetic bits and bobs, but I'm going to concentrate on the suspension mainly, and maybe some wider tyres, would love a supercharger, but I think suspension is important, question; what suspension parts should I replace? Was thinking; coilovers, antiroll bars, new polibushes, strut brace front and back?

forgot to mention i also fitted EBC brake discs all around with green stuff pads, they really good, i wanted the red stuff pads, but the bloke said they not good for road driving, apparently they not very good when they cold? need warming up? any sugestions for the suspension??

I have HKS pads in mine and i love them, start or end of a lap excellent grip on the Ring believe me.

ARB's are the first thing on your list for sorting the car out, and when youve got all your suspension bits on a trip to WIM is a MUST!

Don't forget to change your fluids. Some decent high temp brake fluid is a must. Get yourself some Redline MT-90 for the gear box & some 80w140 for the LSD. You'll also want to put some fully synthetic engine oil in & a quality oil filter to protect the engine from oil pressure fluctuations at high rpm.

As the others have said ARBs are a must. If you're on a budget you could get away with just fitting a rear. Front & rear upper strut braces also help lots in the twistiest.

Another thing you could look at are braided brake lines to help reduce fade. Looks like you've got pads & rotors sorted. You'll want some decent rubber as well, no point spending all that money on the suspension just to have your tyres let go.

Yellows take a while to warm up to operational temp. Not really for street use unless you have a high HP car. The Greenstuff you have should be sufficient for the IS200. They're rated for cars upto 200hp. Your grooved disc will help keep them working at their best longer to.

• 1 month later...

If your going to more then 2 laps of hard driving at the Ring you really need to uprate your

Pads. Green is great for the road but on a track with a 1400kg car they will cook ,I've had

Yellow on my 440bhp Evo and there ok but not as good as my new PF .11 and D2500 setup.

The new blue stuff pads pads for EBC look like they work well but you will be looking at paying

Around £130 to £220 for a good set of front pads .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links