Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Window Tints - Standard Or Not?

Are the rear windows (rear screen and rear door glass) normally slightly darker than the front side windows on the IS? I've noticed that mine seem to be.

Are the rear windows (rear screen and rear door glass) normally slightly darker than the front side windows on the IS? I've noticed that mine seem to be.

All IS comes with Green tinted glass as standard for all windows except the front ones... check the below link.. details all equipment levels

Equipment list for IS250

IS250 doesn't have factory rear tints like the IS200/300, so they should all be the same colour unless someone has previously tinted the rears?

It all depends on the level of tint we are talking.... but all IS 250/220d come with standard "Tinted (green) rear side and rear glass"... its specifically for UV protection and Heat insulation... thats what makes the rear glass look a little darker than the front ones.,...

It all depends on the level of tint we are talking.... but all IS 250/220d come with standard "Tinted (green) rear side and rear glass"... its specifically for UV protection and Heat insulation... thats what makes the rear glass look a little darker than the front ones.,...

Why would they just do the rears and not the fronts?

All cars have that small level of tint and it's all round, never noticed the rears of an IS to be darker than the fronts to be honest.

Why would they just do the rears and not the fronts?

All cars have that small level of tint and it's all round, never noticed the rears of an IS to be darker than the fronts to be honest.

Well thats what I thought when I bought the 250 back in May. But its only under certain angles during the daytime you would notice this difference.... check the pic5 on the below link .. shows a litte dark rear than the front one...

Used IS250

its also mentioned on the equipement list for the all specs IS250 on the lexus website.... and always a bullet point for all the approved used IS250s under the comfort and convinience section ...

"Why would they just do the rears and not the fronts?"

True ... not sure why they dont do the fronts...doesnt make sense

Well thats what I thought when I bought the 250 back in May. But its only under certain angles during the daytime you would notice this difference.... check the pic5 on the below link .. shows a litte dark rear than the front one...

Used IS250

its also mentioned on the equipement list for the all specs IS250 on the lexus website.... and always a bullet point for all the approved used IS250s under the comfort and convinience section ...

You're right, in that pic there is a clearly visible difference - that's baffling as to why it's only the rear as it's obviously not dark enough to impair vision or anything.

Used IS250

You're right, in that pic there is a clearly visible difference - that's baffling as to why it's only the rear as it's obviously not dark enough to impair vision or anything.

Yes that is how mine looks. I asked the dealer we bought it from if it had been tinted but he said that it was completely standard.

Back.jpg

Sorry that its not from the side. Its a picture of our car just before we bought it, but you can see the rear window is quite dark

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links