Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Refurbished Wheels Here I Come!

PI100

Hi mate

What are Lexus Belfast like for service? I've recently bought a 2001 IS200 Sport (not from them, bought from a non Lexus dealer) and the alloys are very tatty (but not kerbed) and I was wondering what are my chances for a new set under warranty?

Cheers

Gavin :)

what part of n.ireland you form.

i phoned up lexus belfast and they said drive to the toyota garage and ask for william. he looked at the wheels and said there woujld be no problem ordering you up some. i expect the wheels to arrive this week.

no questions asked, looked at the wheels and saw obvious corrosion.

• 3 weeks later...
there you go...just ask for william :winky:

Actually the right bloke to ask for in Toyota, is Mark.

And in Lexus, it's Richard.... B)

It's not who you know, it's how much you pay them..... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my IS200 when 18 months old from brighton. Having never had alloys on a car before, I didn't realise how knackered they were until a few months in. Very corroded. I went to Hatfield Lexus to have the sat nav screen looked at (flickering) and just happened to mention that I didn't think the wheels looked too good. They took one look at them and ordered me a new set. Great I thought, until 9 months into the new set they started to corrode too! Back again to Hatfield, and they said they would order me some refurbished wheels, but my 1 year warranty would expire on the previous new set and therefore if these wheels went wrong then I'd be stuck with them. To be honest, two sets of wheels out of Lexus with minimal hassle is good value. Still, I would have prefered the new set not having corroded after 9 months!! The refurbished ones look good, but I've already scuffed one and the plastic coating has come away from the wheel. Curbs...

Pointless little story, but for what it's worh I have had excellent service from Hatfiled and terrible service from Brighton (on several things wrong with the car when I bought it).

Cheer!

I don't get why they won't give another years warranty on newly refurbed wheels? Surely it should be 1 year for each set, regardless of whether or not the first warranty runs out. If the wheels have corroded they should be replaced...or am I missing something :lookaround:

I agree, and I did put this to the warranty manager at the time. However, he just said that was how it worked. At the time I was thinking of taking it up with Lexus head office / legal advice. But to be honest I let it go. The wheels are refurbished so they won't corrode (as they are plastic covered). If they do go wrong before 12 months of having them on the car, I'll be sure to go back to them and see what they can do. Fingers crossed I don't have to :D

I put an extra couple of layers of lacquer on mine when I got them. There was a little overspray onto the non-lacquered bits but as it's transparent it doesn't really show.

They'll go mangy very quickly otherwise.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links