Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello

AngelicVorian

yep, no MOT and they don't care about CAT's either

I thought cats were loved on the IOM especially the Manx ones or is that why they don't have tails? lol

You'll get used to my sense of humour!

Cheers chaps.

Really lovin the car but it needs the exhaust system replacing which is proving a challenge over here without paying silly money. Trip to england might be required...

Any real differences between the sport and the normal model other than a badge, wheels and spoiler?

meow...manx cats....weird looking creatures, like a cross between a cat and a rabbit...

manx-cat-4.jpg

..back end off a rabbit..see what i mean?? :)

Could someone clear up something i have always wondered about with this car...The power/ect button.

I can feel that when in power mode the motor revs higher before it changes, but it also feels snappier getting there, does it use a different map?

Also, does it affect the way the gearbox changes? Is there anyway to change the way the gearbox changes/picks up? I would like it to bit more aggressive when pulling away without having to put the boot down.

Also, does anyone know who does some aftermarket wheels for them, the wheels on mine are a bit past their best.

Cheers

Chris

The ect/pwr button purely changes the gear box, it doesn't adjust anything on the fuel/ignition side. It will kick down sooner and hold the gears for longer. With it turned off, the "ect" bit learns your driving style. If you are heavy footed, it will learn to kick down sooner. If you are light footed, it rarely kicks down unless you do litteraly floor it. I tended to leave mine in "pwr" as the car felt much safer with the extra response from the gearbox. I also think I got slightly better mpg too. If you disconnect the Battery for a while to clear the ecu you will notice less of a difference between the two modes until it "learns" and becomes annoying (IMO) in ect mode.

There are lots of choices for alloys, if you do a quick search on eBay, you will see lots on there as a taster. If you have the normal "sport" wheels, especially with the 10" wide rears, I would get them refurbed, as I personally don't think you can beat that wheel setup on the mk1. In fact, I think those wheels are so good, I even put a set on my mk2 Sport.

I don't know if the GS is the same but my import LS has the norm/power button on the transmission and as Tigerfish says it alters the gear changes,mine also has the TEMS system and the dampers are stiffened up at the same time.

People have adjusted the kickdown cable on the LS to trick the transmission into changing up earlier but I don't know what the long term effects would be.

I did see a company on fleabay offering custom made cat back (I guess you don't have one) stainless steel exhausts for the GS,apparently they will tune the exhaust noise to your liking, for around £300.00.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links