Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Its a pull tab surely?

Get someone to push down on it while you pull the tab. It may just need adjusting or a new seal to put a bit of spring in it.

Or there is an electricity problem. Is it an electo-magnetic release?

The boot opening button only works when the engine is "off" and is located on the right of the steering wheel and down towards the footwell, there is a locking mechanism which you need your ignotion key to unlock (if its in the "In" position) :winky:

Can only open boot with key.The button is currently not working.

What button?

They must have changed the 95 as I have the "button" on my 92

I feel "so" privilaged :lol:

I was trying to understand the "button." My 1995 has a lever for remote unlocking of the boot and a combined lock and button to disable boot access with a valet key. Otherwise no "button."

What button?

They must have changed the 95 as I have the "button" on my 92

I feel "so" privilaged :lol:

I was trying to understand the "button." My 1995 has a lever for remote unlocking of the boot and a combined lock and button to disable boot access with a valet key. Otherwise no "button."

Actually Steve I stand corrected it is a small "Lever" not a button, I was being imprecise :crybaby: and in future will keep my opinions and descriptions to myself :shutit: I was following on from Piggy describing the "Lever" as a "button" :tomato::lol:

Technically its only my mistake that has been sorted as the rest of the answers were :offtopic: , well only slightly but what of Piggys boot opening problem, has that been sorted ? or has the poor chap resolved himself to opening his boot by key in the slot for the rest of his Lexus ownership :blink:

Technically its only my mistake that has been sorted as the rest of the answers were :offtopic: , well only slightly but what of Piggys boot opening problem, has that been sorted ? or has the poor chap resolved himself to opening his boot by key in the slot for the rest of his Lexus ownership :blink:

No, we haven't resolved the original problem; and without knowing what the "button" is, I don't think we can.

• 1 month later...

What button?

I got the same problem - have a 2005 LS430 - Key fob want open and can't do it manually either. Tried the key near the ignition but this does not work . Seen a coupl of blogs with something in the glove box. anyone heard of this

Peter

http://s1202.photobu...ontsideshot.jpg

Is that a fridge on your front grill? Looks effective whatever!

lol , no i call it a nuzzle bar , can be used to gently nuzzle cars up slippery slopes without getting out in the cold and hooking up a recovery strap - nice and soft a nd spongey low damage nudge bar

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links