Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Key For My Is200

I just got mine.The plastic side cutting feels a bit unrefined but the rest is quite okay.It feels like it's sturdy enough for me.It needed some working before it switched open nicely like a proper switch-blade knife.Everyone should note that the cheap blank keys are made from steel, not brass.

I went through a bunch of cutters:

1.Stopped cutting keys

2.Doesn't cut steel keys, just brass ones.

3.Closed, checked back later, still closed.The timetable on the door said it's open, there was no note.

4.Doesn't cut Lexus keys (yet).

5.Homepage says they close at 7 pm, note on the door says they close at 6 pm (was there at 6.30, damn).

Better luck next time.

have you got the link? As i dont have a spare, what happens with the immobiliser?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=280347937346&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D5024616803442216091

There's plenty of remote cases out there on eBay with similar pricing.If you only have one key, then it better be the main key, which can be used to program other keys to match your car.If you don't have a spare, then you should get an immobiliser and a remote case on eBay (quite possibly cheaper when bought together or you can buy them separately if you want the folding key case).Instructions how to program secondary keys and how to identify the main key(the "Security" light should immideately stop blinking in the dash if you slide the main key in) are in previous posts (not this topic).

yes it is the main one, i checked that when i went to get the car, does it have to be a lexus chip or can it be any chip?

I doubt that Lexus chips are copied, so they all should be made by Lexus.There isn't really much money in copying them because keys are not lost that often.Even though key cases are cheaper, they also tend to brake a lot more often due to being used more frequently (and carelessly).They also protect the chip, so when the case snaps, you still got the chip.This exact thing happened to me - I bought a car with a broken secondary key case.Instead of getting a regular case I got one with a flip blade which looks exactly like the one in the first post.

so what do i do about a secondry chip then?

Buy a set with the chip and the case together on eBay if you are happy with the regular style(should be cheaper if you get them in a set) or get them separately if you want the folding style key case(folding cases are rarely in a set with transponders/chips).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links