Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Or Is250

rajesh

hello Guys -

Old car sorted, but need to think about replacing it - just came into work in a IS250 sport - WOW love it what a car, smove, sexy looking, full of tech.

after some hunting i see i can get myself a IS220d for under 10k and some IS250 the same price.. - i dont know what to do..... - reading the reviews and all....geting confused...

whats it like to own, how much is is to keep on the road, are you happy with the mpg..

going mad...thinking what to do, wife loves lexus....and i feel its time to be real and cut cost to a smaller car.....

glad you got yours sorted,, how much did it cost in the end,,,, surely sensible move would be to run yours for a while to get some value for the money you just spent ?

well so far its 1300.00 - and got Lexus to give me 250.00 back, cars in for a service... - your right, but i have to think about it.... - selling or trade in i can get 1000 ish back.

done 126K so getting old and its not as good on the MPG....anymore

you might well find your mpg improves dramatically with an autobox thats not failing tbh - also p/exing against a £8k or more car i would expect to get a bit more then £1k for yours,,, push hard when haggling at the dealers there is a credit crunch on and cars are going really cheap now and looking like theyll get cheaper still in the luxury end of the market - as you are thinking a lot of people are starting to move toward more economical transport atm

I'd assume that you'd be pleased with the fuel consumption of the IS220D.

theres that and need to think about road tax, tyres, as lexynik stated, most drivers as moving from large cars to smaller ones to save a pound or 2, -

i think after having my car for 7 years and counting, you get used to the style,tech, ride, etc so anything else seems....well not good....ok it takes you from A to B... but!

Go for the IS250. Unless you do massive miles the 220d won't make a huge difference, plus if you're used to the mpg on an IS200 auto (which is poor) the IS250 auto will be fine, when I have courtesy cars easily average 27-28 mpg.

This will be a much better investment as well than spending the same money on a newer eurobox.

rajesh i havent checked but im pretty sure you would be hard pushed to buy an is200 off autotrader or anywhere for £1k which was ok - sure youd get a cat d repaired etc or one with a duff g/box or engine but an up together one in the real world for £1k which isnt beset with problems ,,, i doubt it -- i got offers as a p/ex on my t reg one from £1300 to £3k depending on what i was buying and where from,,, whatever you go for and even if youre getting finance to buy your new ride dont forget to haggle up your cars value and down the new cars value as theyre always inflated from the trade to allow you to get money off and feel like you did well

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links