Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys, driving along today with the misses in the car minding my own business when some kid on a scooter pulled right out in front of me. I mean right out !!! Apparently the give way signs didn't apply to him ( I had right of way ) after the ensuing emergency stop and energetic pushing of the horn to give him a clue I was there , I now have a horn that won't stop !!! I had to pull over and pull the horn connections.

I'm guessing I've ( in the heat of the moment ) pushed to hard on the horn pad and jammed it in. It does seem maybe lower on the top right side where I pushed. I know airbags need special needs for removing but is it a diy job to remove ? I've no experience of this. But need to get underneath to see what I've done.

Is it best a garage job or can a ordinary Joe remove the airbag?

Thanks Steve

P.s mot due in dec so needs looking at.

Pp.s kid on scooter just carried on, no doubt to risk his life at the next junction ( good luck mate...)

I've just had a look for guidance and it was rather conspicuous by its absense. However, here is a link to a thread in which I posted the procedure for the 430.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=69541&st=0&p=735303&hl="remove%20steering%20wheel"&fromsearch=1entry735303

This may help, otherwise you could pm Benfur who I'm sure will know the procedure, failing which sign-up for Just Answer who I have found to be good in the past.

Hi thanks steve, im moving house monday so mega busy but will look at it in the week using the guide and see if i can work it out. Ill pm benfur before then and see what he says. If not it will be a garage job lol.

Thanks again

Steve.

I am breaking a mk 3 1995 ls400 if you need any horn bits

Hi Simon , thanks for the reminder, I'm moving house tomorrow so bit busy lol, but benfurs been kind enough to talk me through what I need to do to check it..probably have a look at it on thurday and be in touch by the weekend if I need any bits

Many thanks Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Horn update----- now working as it should

Thanks to steve and maurice for the advice and walkthrough. Not a job i could have done without help.

One of the springs had overlapped itself and jammed in

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links