Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bargain Buy?

ant22-2007

Hi Guys,

I have just bought this lexus is200.

only paid 1295 for it.

it needs 2 new tyres and the brake on the passenger rear is either worn or this a grinding. can hear the noise more when turning but its not loud or really bad just a small scraping noise.

i have put some pics up.

what do you all think?

value for money?

its done 130,000 miles with some service history.

any feedback welcome.

also after reading about clutch judder im really worried! even tho my clutch is less than 4 months old.

post-36576-086963100 1290641201.jpg

post-36576-040221800 1290641225.jpg

post-36576-036991000 1290641245.jpg

post-36576-090775200 1290641264.jpg

thanks guys,

its a really nice drive, i havent driven one before but have had scoobys an tha, but i think this car is a normal car until you hit around 4k and then it transforms into a fast untamed beast.

i love it.

wondering if i should get the windows tinted and lower it?

what are your thoughts?

cheers for the feedback :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

its a different type of car. it runs like a mondeo until around 4500 revs. then it just sounds like pure bliss :D

first lexus ive had and i love it.

its in really good condition to with only around 1cm of rust by side of bootlid. fantastic for its age.

Took it to garage to have some fresh oil, couldnt find any faults with it, antifreeze was perfect and mechanic fancied a drive!

its the first car i have been truly happy with.

however, it could really do with some privacy glass? what is the maximum power output these engines can handle while still remaining reliable?

hi mate looks like a great buy you got there! mileage means nothing by the sounds of what ive read on here. one small thing to do is check the timing belt for wear unless its been replaced recently. they tend to wear against the top cover. it only takes a couple minutes to check it, good luck with the project!

250bhp? sounds like a dream :winky:

is it easy to squeeze that much out, what route would you need to go down?

im having terrible problems with the keyfobs to :tsktsk:

otherwise a brilliant car! :winky:

i dont know when the belts were last changed so im just going to have it done in january. :winky:

better to be safe than sorry :shifty:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links