Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

brian155

Hi, just joined club and would like to introduce my self.My name is brian i live in Stafford Staffs

and at the moment drive a peugeot 306 hdi dturbo,great car for what it is but i am considering

buying a lexus gs 300 2006 onwards and would b greatful for any advice on servicing costs and what

to look out for when i test drive etc a possible purchase.I have been looking on autotrader and honest john

web site and it looks like i could buy a 2006/7 gs 300 for £8500-£10000.Thanks for any help or advice.Brian

Hi Brian and welcome to the LOC.

We have lots of GS owners on the forum unfortunately I am not one of them but I sure help will come shortly.

The main things to look out for are suspension clunks,these are heavy cars and do wear suspension parts and make sure the car has a full (preferably Lexus) service history.

Dependent on mileage check for cam belt changes and if one is coming up make sure the replacement cost is negotiated in the purchase price.

Servicing costs vary dependent on which service and what needs doing and dealer prices do vary so if you have several around you check for the best price,cost are generally on par with other prestige makes but there are cheaper independents with Lexus training.

Parts also vary but lately I've found dealer parts cheaper than other sources,there is an official Lexus dealer on the forum who offers discounts.

Good luck in finding the GS300 for you,take your time choosing there are plenty on offer and once purchased enjoy!

Hi, just joined club and would like to introduce my self.My name is brian i live in Stafford Staffs

and at the moment drive a peugeot 306 hdi dturbo,great car for what it is but i am considering

buying a lexus gs 300 2006 onwards and would b greatful for any advice on servicing costs and what

to look out for when i test drive etc a possible purchase.I have been looking on autotrader and honest john

web site and it looks like i could buy a 2006/7 gs 300 for £8500-£10000.Thanks for any help or advice.Brian

I would go for a 2005 or 2006 pre March due to the road tax increase. £245 compared with £425. I have owned my car for 2 years and it has been excellent apart from when I replaced the ECU. The ECU is an expensive part to replace and problems can occur on pre 2006 cars, if you buy make sure it has been changed or buy a warranty that covers this. I also have just had a flat Battery today, not a serious problem but hey ho.

I have my car up for sale on pistonheads, take a look its easy to find as the pic is the same as my profile pic! I am thinking of removing it as I have had a rethink about driving it in the snow, eg winter tyres. It has just had its 60k 5 year service done, £650 and an aircon service plus 2 new Dunlop SP01s fitted, oh yes and a new Battery. It is up for mare than your budget but it is a car that has no faults plus another 2 years servicing included (no need to budget for services until 2013) and warranty until August 2011!! I think the only other thing that would enhance it would be a set of winter tyres!

Whichever car you buy be assured that they are superb, quite and surprisingly quite good on fuel.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links