Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Temperature Sensor And Handbrake Warning Light

Can anyone with a Mark IV tell me how the external temperature sensor is attached to the lower front grill. I hav ehad a new bumper fiited by a body shop but hey have not placed the sensor back correctly.

As they are miles away and I use the car daily I would rather fix it myself than lose the car for a day.

Also does anyone know if the snsor needs reclaibrating as it is reading a lot lower than I think it should be. I know it has been cold but I think

-17C is a little too low. Today it came up to -1C but it was not freezing outside - washer jets were not frozen.

Also as I got near to my place of work, the handbrake warning light came on. I was stopping at traffic lights and the light just lit up. Looking at the manual it says "if light on, if parking brake is off, stop and check"

Check what though ? any one got any ideas please.

Historically on most cars, the handbrake warning light is also connected to the brake fluid reservior, which indicates if your brake fluid is low.

Just been and checked the fluid level and it is fine. If it was a major problem the manual should surely say "Go straight to dealer and get fixed", but no mention of anything like that.

Those temps might actually be right...

On simpler cars, the handbrake warning light is linked to a switch on the handbrake, such that if the handbrake lever isn't full off, the light is on. Tried puting the handbrake on/ off a few times?

Yes , tried the handbrake on and off but light comes back after touching brake pedal a few times.Fluid levels ok.

Have just trawled through the Suspension and Brakes forum , and could be a dodgy /loose bulb, so that is the next avenue to wander down.

Those temps might actually be right...

On simpler cars, the handbrake warning light is linked to a switch on the handbrake, such that if the handbrake lever isn't full off, the light is on. Tried puting the handbrake on/ off a few times?

Yes , tried the handbrake on and off but light comes back after touching brake pedal a few times.Fluid levels ok.

Have just trawled through the Suspension and Brakes forum , and could be a dodgy /loose bulb, so that is the next avenue to wander down.

Just a thought, brake pad wear indicator?

Top up the fluid anyway even a little make a difference. I chased the problem around for days until I topped it up.

Brake light and handbrake lights are different: bulbs, fliud and wear affect the brake warning indicator. The pull release only affect the hand brake light as far as I know.

Top up the fluid anyway even a little make a difference. I chased the problem around for days until I topped it up.

Brake light and handbrake lights are different: bulbs, fliud and wear affect the brake warning indicator. The pull release only affect the hand brake light as far as I know.

It turns out that it is a blown bulb ! Why on earth is a minor fault and a major fault (no brake fluid) set up to illuminate the same warning light !!

I suppose that when a lightbulb does finally go after about 150,000 miles Lexus would think it's a " major " fault !

I've only had one bulb go in about 100,000 miles of LS400 motoring.

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links