Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Smokine

This is my first is200 i get it now for 3 week with 50,000km..My Question is.. can by re-gapping the spark plug on my is200 2003y running 1G-FE engine make it smokes only in the morning at start up? It looks like oil smoke (white smoke.)????

How can i go about fixing this?

It's probably just steam mate, IS200's are quite old technology in terms of modern day engines and also output high C02 emissions, steam on startup is expected.

Are you having to top the oil up or coolant?

It diffidently smoke.. it only start doing this after i dad the plugs re-gap. The smoke last 2 to 3 sec and engine run a bit rough at the same time..

thank 4 ur reply..

Oily smoke is blue but can look white if extreme. To prove the point, hold a piece of clean, thinnish cloth over the exhaust until a stain appears. If this evaporates after a time, it is water. If it smells of fuel and/or is sooty, it is unburnt fuel caused by misfire etc. If it is oily and can be pressed onto a piece of paper - then it is oil.

Oily smoke after just regapping plugs is unlikely.

As suggested, fit new ones of the recommended type. If the plugs needed regapping, they probably needed to be replaced. If regapped because it was misfiring a bit anyway and the new plugs do not cure it; suspect coil-packs/leads.

It diffidently smoke.. it only start doing this after i dad the plugs re-gap. The smoke last 2 to 3 sec and engine run a bit rough at the same time..

thank 4 ur reply..

the plugs on a is200 should never be gapped or cleaned...you have prob damaged the plugs

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no!!!

Blue smoke=burning oil

Black smoke=running rich

White smoke=condensation which is normal

So I would say your cars normal ie nothing wrong with it!!

I change the pcv valve.. but that did not fix my problem.. and i can smell the oil smoke... i notice it happen at night too, if the car is park over 4 or more hours.

Now i am start to thinking about valve guide seals.. can i use anything to add to my oil to stop it from smoking... i am using 10w 30 oil..

Thanks

All the is's smoke a little in this weather and temp I find it funny to see mine still puffing 5 min or so after the cars been parked, also both the is200's ive started from cold do have a noticeably smell of over fueling, but I think thats also normal too

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links