Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater Blowing Coolish And Car Temp Not Rising

Stab*City

Hi all,

I bought myself a 00 IS200 Sport last weekend and the car is mint. There is just a couple things that seem a bit out of whack.

1. The engine does not seem to be heating up properly as the temp guage in the dash is only rising to 25% (when driving) and im not an expert but i thought around the half way mark on the temp guage was normal? And if i pull in and leave the car idling the temp guage rises to half way (50%) no problem and stays there (till i start driving and then it goes back to 25%).

2. The heaters are only blowing warmish air which is only half heating the inside of the car. I assume this may be connected to the above issue.

Any help would be great since i just bought the car from a garage i should be able to get him to fix it..

• 4 weeks later...

Replace the thermo. Located to the left of the engine bay held by two 10mm bolts. Near the expansion tank. Diy job. Once you'v taken it out flush the cooling system for the best result'

• 1 year later...

I AM HAVING A SIMILAR HEATER PROBLEM

TEMP GAUGE IS OK [READING JUST UNDER HALF WHEN RUNNING] BUT THE AIR IN FLOW IS QUITE WARM BUT NOT REALLY HOT. DONE ALL THE USUAL THINGS LIKE FLUSHING THE HEATER MATRIX, NEW THERMOSTATE .

ANY THING ELSE I CAN TRY??

does the heater get hot if you park it and rev it to say 2500rpm for 2 mins?

Hoses are they hot or luke warm when at idle??

is there a smell of antifreeze at all outside when you pull up or switch off the car for say 30secs or a minute?.

Check the normal thermostat doubt that as you say its stay same no increase while driving etc....

Would look at water pump flow have had a few toyotas do this and each time the pumps u/s due to it still rotates but fins have worn due to corrosion and only get half the flow through the system no overheat because moving cold air sorts that

also snapped shaft on pump but still goes as two pieces are touching but not at full speed....

thermostat and then pump because

one controls the temp the other makes it all flow round thats why the question above about hose temp top and bottom after 2 mins at 2500rpm standing still

let me know on the above things happy to help as a well known store says,,, :shifty:

cc

I AM HAVING A SIMILAR HEATER PROBLEM

TEMP GAUGE IS OK [READING JUST UNDER HALF WHEN RUNNING] BUT THE AIR IN FLOW IS QUITE WARM BUT NOT REALLY HOT. DONE ALL THE USUAL THINGS LIKE FLUSHING THE HEATER MATRIX, NEW THERMOSTATE .

ANY THING ELSE I CAN TRY??

Have you had pump checked?

my is200 get to approx 1/3 to 1/2 way depends how far i go and heat temp in car is just as required set

Do you mean temp does not feel hot enough for you ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links