Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all,

I am in the process of looking for a IS220D, but not sure which trim. By the way is there a 200D?

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between all the various trims? Is there a fact sheet or website that you can point me to please?

Ideally i want the one with all the extra's such as cooling seats etc.

Also i have heard a few negative things about the car, such as:

Rattle from front of car

Gearbox and gear stick

Fuel consumption

Are the above serious problems and is there anything else that maybe a fault.

If there is any advice you guys can give for when i go to view some cars, checks etc, that will be really appriciated...

Thank you all in advance!

Search back through the last six months of posts here. Someone was asking about the differences in the specs as well.

With regards to your comments, beware, fuel consumption is an issue. You should expect anywhere between 34-38 mpg (combined). I have found that cleaning the EGR valve every ~4000miles and adding a fuel additive can move that figure into the early 40's.

There is a nasty cracking/rattling in the dash but it doesn't bother me as much as it has others on this forum. It is not constant in my case. But i listen to music quite loud! I think if it is in warranty, Lexus may change the fixings to eliminate this (again, search back through the topics).

On a positive note, I personally really like the car. I have the SE model. I think the leather & 17"s make a massive difference.

I'm sure others may have different feelings than I do though. But don't be put off by everything you read here. After all, not many people come here to post about how great a car is, they will more than likely come on to complain.

Thanks for that, i will have a search now and see what i come back with.

The rattle is something that is putting me off at the moment, but if it is something that can be fixed then shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Hi all,

I am in the process of looking for a IS220D, but not sure which trim. By the way is there a 200D?

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between all the various trims? Is there a fact sheet or website that you can point me to please?

Ideally i want the one with all the extra's such as cooling seats etc.

Also i have heard a few negative things about the car, such as:

Rattle from front of car

Gearbox and gear stick

Fuel consumption

Are the above serious problems and is there anything else that maybe a fault.

If there is any advice you guys can give for when i go to view some cars, checks etc, that will be really appriciated...

Thank you all in advance!

Look very carefully! You want a fully stamped up Lexus service history and assurances that all recalls have been implemented.

Personally, I was very pleased with mpg. 39+ around town 52 on a run using cruise control. Gearbox fine, no rattles. Very comfortable and quiet cabin.

The crack sound is circuit board movement and should be done under warranty. It is a known issue.

Very pleased with mine until I found the Head Gasket was blown during a service!! But, Lexus have extended cover to 110k so I'm covered on that issue. Overall I'd say I'm pleased with both the car and Lexus staff, who have been very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Id just like to add im sick of seeing bad comments about the 220d on this site. I have a 06 is220d se-l with mm for nearly 12 months now and i have to say WHAT A CAR. I get between 35 to 40 mpg mainly on regional roads and thats not trying, Its a weekend car for me so im not trying to get every mpg i can. The car is extremely comfortable and quiet and as for loaded with gadgets there is nothing it doesnt have. I have heard comments about bmw on here and im sick of it, my girlfriends parents bought a new 320d last year and i was disgusted with it nearly 40 grand (euro) for the most uncomfortable car i ever sat in, it felt like there was a steel bar sticking into my back and as for the interior how boring and outdated is that. I cant see the attraction to german cars i really cant and dont even talk about the reliability factor because it doesnt come into it. The german cars is what is keeping motor factors going and this is a fact. I really dont believe the 220d is letting lexus down its far from it. This is just my two cents on the matter and im a lexus owner for the last five years with my previous car being an altezza rs200.

SE-L has memory seats and a few other things:

I had a 220d and got rid of it < 1 year of ownership for a 320i Coupe :-P

Some things to look out for: Engine 5th Injector faults, Clutch is shocking and may need replacing (as mine did, hence the getting rid), rattling of the interior, I was getting between 25mpg and 30mpg now getting at least 35 in a petrol!

Would I own one again? sure just not a diesel from Lexus, I should have got the IS250.

Edit: By the way I drive to Frankfurt and back regularly and the Bimmer is a dream to drive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links