Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recal 2000 On Models Fuel Pipe Is It True

Hi,

According to my local evening paper it is for a potential fuel leak on Toyota Avesis and 2007-2009 IS 250 models only. Said it may effect up to 3,000 IS250.

Still, not good news is it?

Pete

This was originally a recall on the first builds i.e. 2004/2005, and my IS250 Se-L had its fuel pipe replaced a couple of years ago under that recall. If they are now saying that the replacement pipe (presumably it was introduced into the production line after the potential problem was discovered) has a similar problem than shame on Toyota/Lexus.

I have been umming and arring over a 460 now they are under 25 for a low milage one...but the Engine out cylinder head work has put me off a lot.

Talking to my Local Lexus dealer ...he said they had done ten 460s and awaiting one more...they only do one a week...the motor must come out and all the valve springs replaced....I suggested {as politely as possible} that the motor will never go back together or be installed like it was from the Factory in my experience {once they have been apart they are never the same }...he said the so called Mechanics { Technicians ? }take them home afterwards for evealuation...

I had too many issues with Lexus doing a cam belt change on my 400...gave me it back with low gearbox oil...{ as it is lost when rad is removed etc } loose earth lead, and lost bolts for the engine cover ...they replaced one of them with a plastic numberplate nut !

My point being that if they can't do these thing with any competence what chance an engine out job on a 460...have you seen under that bonnet !

Sorry for going on a bit... :tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links