Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weird Electrical Issue

Today I have fitted 2 aftermarket subs with an amp.

I used the wires from the original sub to feed the Amp. The (temporary) power was taken from the power antenna (live on acc)

All hooked up and tested - was working fine for 20 minutes. Switched car off, went to have dinner and after dinner we had to get out to the next town (about a 10 mile trip)and after about 5 miles the radio and climate control went dead. Turned out the 7.5A radio fuse was blown.

Any ideas why this would blow?

I used the wires from the original sub to feed the Amp. The (temporary) power was taken from the power antenna (live on acc)

All hooked up and tested - was working fine for 20 minutes. Switched car off, went to have dinner and after dinner we had to get out to the next town (about a 10 mile trip)and after about 5 miles the radio and climate control went dead. Turned out the 7.5A radio fuse was blown.

Sounds like the wiring is out. The power antenna does have also have feed from the centre console stereo unit. I remenber having trouble when replaced the aerial with aftermarket one.

If you send me your email I'll send your the wiring diagram in colour to check the wires and what they do.

UCF11 model just to confirm which one you have.

Sounds like the wiring is out. The power antenna does have also have feed from the centre console stereo unit. I remenber having trouble when replaced the aerial with aftermarket one.

If you send me your email I'll send your the wiring diagram in colour to check the wires and what they do.

UCF11 model just to confirm which one you have.

PM sent

I'd say your amp and subs are pulling way more than the antenna would, so you just need a beefier feed to the amp. (The antenna feed will be via the radio )

Check the power consumption of the sub amplifier,in theory with a 12 volt supply and a 7.5 Amp fuse you can draw 90 watts of power,this is the power consumption of the amplifier not the speaker output power.

There is normally a higher initial current drawn when you first switch the amplifier on due to the capacitors charging up in the power supply,this could be enough to exceed the fuse rating.

I would look for a more suitable source of power.

Thanks guys.

It was only as a temp setup to see what the quality of the sound would be.

Sound is great, so I'll be getting the 12V straight from the Battery (fused).

Would it do any harm though if I use the same aerial power wire for the remote/switch connection?

ah sweet. Thanks Steve.

"Steve 2006 Kylie Minogue's Official LOC welcomer" umm..is Kylie here? ;)

Not yet but once she gets her CT200 she might join and Janey told me she would let me know first when she does!

ah sweet. Thanks Steve.

Not yet but once she gets her CT200 she might join and Janey told me she would let me know first when she does!

A CT200? umm..I'm sure she can do better :tomato:

ah sweet. Thanks Steve.

Lexus are sponsoring her so I guess the car is part of the package,it's better than the Ford StreetKa she advertised before :whistling:

ah sweet. Thanks Steve.

Lexus are sponsoring her so I guess the car is part of the package,it's better than the Ford StreetKa she advertised before :whistling:

lol..everything is better then a streetka..maybe a rover is worse :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links