Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clear Bumper Indicators

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clear indicators arrived from the US today, fitted...they look great!!

The US ones have a hole at the side piece for a bulb. They all have amber driving lights over there....... I looked for a cable, but I guess the UK Ls doesn't have this, so I'm thinking of getting 501 bulb holders and clear LED 501 lights, then hook them up to the corner lights.

The US ones have a hole at the side piece for a bulb. They all have amber driving lights over there....... I looked for a cable, but I guess the UK Ls doesn't have this, so I'm thinking of getting 501 bulb holders and clear led 501 lights, then hook them up to the corner lights.

The UK-spec indicators have a reflector in the driving light part, so there is no cable for it. I've wired mine into the sidelight feed, and used a silver amber bulb to give amber marker lights. I think a permanent white light to the side of the car would look a bit odd.

My clear/red rear lamps also have provision for a small red marker light at the rear too, so I'll be wiring that in shortly as well.

The US ones have a hole at the side piece for a bulb. They all have amber driving lights over there....... I looked for a cable, but I guess the UK Ls doesn't have this, so I'm thinking of getting 501 bulb holders and clear led 501 lights, then hook them up to the corner lights.

The UK-spec indicators have a reflector in the driving light part, so there is no cable for it. I've wired mine into the sidelight feed, and used a silver amber bulb to give amber marker lights. I think a permanent white light to the side of the car would look a bit odd.

My clear/red rear lamps also have provision for a small red marker light at the rear too, so I'll be wiring that in shortly as well.

I was goint to put in clear lights because I thought the amber ones were not legal here?

So only the front indicator sections on UK spec cars have the indicator bulb fitted. The other outer piece does not?

nope, only front

So only the front indicator sections on UK spec cars have the indicator bulb fitted. The other outer piece does not?

nope, only front

JDM Celsior,onboard teasmaid,fender pole and four bulbs on the front indicators I rest my case lol

nope, only front

JDM Celsior,onboard teasmaid,fender pole and four bulbs on the front indicators I rest my case lol

don't forget the nicer headlights :)

nope, only front

I know where there is a set if you want some!

nope, only front

Depends on the price...

nope, only front

Depends on the price...

I'll find out for you,there is a Celsior being broken at a local scrapyard I've had a few bits off it and know the guy.

I was goint to put in clear lights because I thought the amber ones were not legal here?

No amber indicators are legal, not clear.

When mine arrived, they came with 4 bulbs and bulb holders but of course there's no 2nd connector on the car so I spliced into the existing circuit.

If you dont fit a second working bulb they look c**p because the clear lenses show all.

When mine arrived, they came with 4 bulbs and bulb holders but of course there's no 2nd connector on the car so I spliced into the existing circuit.

If you dont fit a second working bulb they look c**p because the clear lenses show all.

I know the amber indicators are legal, but I want the side piece of the indicator to have a static light. Like in the US of A.

I know the amber indicators are legal, but I want the side piece of the indicator to have a static light. Like in the US of A.

Interesting, then you will have to run a wire from the sidelight. Be good to see the end result.

Interesting, then you will have to run a wire from the sidelight. Be good to see the end result.

Yes. that was my plan. I'm just wondering if it is legal here....

They have amber lights on the sides of LGV trailers so from that I would assume amber lights on the sides of all vehicles are legal?

Can't send a PM to you Ruud is your inbox full,there is a new member looking for a replacement LCD screen.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=71658&pid=748190&st=0entry748190

They have amber lights on the sides of LGV trailers so from that I would assume amber lights on the sides of all vehicles are legal?

Can't send a PM to you Ruud is your inbox full,there is a new member looking for a replacement LCD screen.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=71658&pid=748190&st=0entry748190

Steve, email me at: ruud@lexusclub.net

and yes, inbox was full..lol Emptied now :)

Perfectly legal to have amber front, and red rear, side marker lamps.

Take the E60 BMW 5-series as example.

e60.jpg

dsc05089in9.jpg

Perfectly legal to have amber front, and red rear, side marker lamps.

Take the E60 BMW 5-series as example.

e60.jpg

dsc05089in9.jpg

Cool, thanks:)

I've ordered some 501 bulb holders and some chrome bulbs for this. Will post pics when all has arrived and fitted..

Bulb holders and bulbs arrived today.

Fitted and took some pics.

It's a bit too bright outside to see it properly I guess. maybe I'll take some pics later when it's dark.

PIC00025.jpg

PIC00026.jpg

a bit darker...

PIC00027.jpg

PIC00028.jpg

Thanks Steve :)

The pics don't really show the real thing. The clear plastic has a wider amber 'glow' than it shows in the pics.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links