Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question About Alloy Wheel Nuts & Bolts

Hi I just upgraded my original Lexus stock 17" alloy wheels to 18" Lexus stock alloys wheels (18" Baransu wheels) My question is: will existing 17" alloy wheel nuts and bolts fit 18" as I haven't yet received them and this is my first alloy upgrade so a bit worried.

Thanks for all your kind help! Arthur

Lexus OEM wheels normally use sleeved wheel nuts so the mating surface on the wheel will be flat and the sleeved insert fits partially inside the hole,after market wheels are normally tapered wheel nuts and the wheel will have corresponding tapers to accept the nut.

Picture below shows the taper nut on the left and Lexus OEM nut on the right.

If you do need taper nuts for the replacement wheels they are fairly cheap for a set including locking nuts.

What ever you do do not fit the wheels on if they are taper type with the sleeve type nuts,they will damage the wheels and they may fall off the car if the nuts loosen

DSCF0013.jpg

Lexus OEM wheels normally use sleeved wheel nuts so the mating surface on the wheel will be flat and the sleeved insert fits partially inside the hole,after market wheels are normally tapered wheel nuts and the wheel will have corresponding tapers to accept the nut.

Picture below shows the taper nut on the left and Lexus OEM nut on the right.

If you do need taper nuts for the replacement wheels they are fairly cheap for a set including locking nuts.

What ever you do do not fit the wheels on if they are taper type with the sleeve type nuts,they will damage the wheels and they may fall off the car if the nuts loosen

DSCF0013.jpg

Thank you chaps for your response! I really appreciate your kind help on this matter. I'll see what kind of set I have on mine. I'd think it is sleeved wheel nuts then as I have Lexus stock OEM 17" alloys on my car currently.

Thank you again!

Unforunately, being an option wheel doesn't guarantee anything. On my mk1 GS, the Sport wheels had tapered seats, the OEM bolts were flat. When I tried to get a couple of nuts from Lexus, they could only get flat seats (actually shown on the parts diagram with the sport wheels - but clearly the wrong nuts), so no idea where they originally got them from when they fitted the wheels in the showroom. Fingers crossed yours are the same though.

Hi I just upgraded my original Lexus stock 17" alloy wheels to 18" Lexus stock alloys wheels (18" Baransu wheels) My question is: will existing 17" alloy wheel nuts and bolts fit 18" as I haven't yet received them and this is my first alloy upgrade so a bit worried.

Thanks for all your kind help! Arthur

The original lexus wheel nuts are flat. When I changed my wheels I've used conical nuts from ford mondeo . Also,you can use mazda nuts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links