Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200(02) Not Starting

Diablo333

Hi folks,

I recently bought a 2002 IS200 (1G-FE) , all has gone well until this morning when the beast just refused to start. The motor turns over, but won't fire. I suspect it may be fuel starvation, as despite cranking it a good few times, there is no smell of unburnt fuel. I checked the EFI relay and it seems to be kicking in when you turn the ignition on, but beyond that I am stumped. Does anyone have any wise suggestions or know of common faults that might be worth checking?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

hi m8 i have the same problem i think and i am waiting for a bit of advise from the lexus club

just wanted to say my car is supposed to have an ignition control unit fault according to a code reader at a garage

like i said waiting to here from the site but it could be the same fault on your car

i,l let u know if i here or sort my problem

mjb

• 1 month later...

Hi New on Forum

Have the same starting problem,mine just dead after say 5min it starts.Battery fine,lights light up everything fine but wont start.Checked starter relay switch fine.Sometimes to scared to switch off motor.Any advice how to fix this.

No no flashing lights.When I turn the ignition all the lights come on as suppose to but it wont start.I fiddle with the gears sometimes a small push back and forth then it starts

No no flashing lights.When I turn the ignition all the lights come on as suppose to but it wont start.I fiddle with the gears sometimes a small push back and forth then it starts

Hi LEX01 is it an auto ? you say it starts when you fiddle with the gears; if it is auto it could be a problem with the interlock switch which prevents you starting the car in gear ,also the small red immobiliser light should go out when the key is inserted

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links