Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, thought id post some pics of my first albiet minor upgrade.Mk4 alloys on a mk3 ,much easier to clean. Ive done 3piece split rims on a showcar that took an hour a wheel to clean, im getting to old for that and just want an easy life now. Nice clean looking style thats easy to clean.Thanks to manic mark for the purchase, now refurbed and fitted.Not the most dramatic change but i love them. Will be putting an ad up for my old alloys with tyres soon if anyone wants to have first look.

DSC00655.jpgDSC00656.jpgDSC00658.jpgDSC00654.jpg

cheers steve.

and the links havent worked!!!!! i still cant figure this picture posting out... this was done word for word from the newbie help files... ill try aain

im copying the link straight into the insert image box and all im getting is links you cant access.How do people post actual pictures??? why isnt it drag n drop?

ill keep trying

steve

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

You need to have img in [] before the address and /img after )both in []. You did have http:// in twice on one of them. You need to replace that when you copy in YOUR link.

I know what you mean with easy to clean. I have a MKIV :)

There you go :)

Mike

In reply look ar the top and there is a box (5th from the right) which says "Insert image" then simply paste you photobucket link into that then press enter.

Look very nice-I'd have your old wheels if you weren't so far away, as I neede to refurn my DHP wheels.

mike 213735 , thanks for the info , just checked my first post n it does have the img in [] as directly copied or do you mean i have to also add my own to the link at the beggining and end. i must be thick lol not quiete getting it lol

steve

In reply look ar the top and there is a box (5th from the right) which says "Insert image" then simply paste you photobucket link into that then press enter.

Look very nice-I'd have your old wheels if you weren't so far away, as I neede to refurn my DHP wheels.

hi thats exactly what i did , i must be wrong somewhere but cant figure it out. Concerning alloys id be prepared to travel part way to meet up .Have no idea how to price them .They have budgets all round with lots of life if memory serves and are in good cond with no kerbing again if memory serves.

steve

Steve,

Your first post reads

DSC00655.jpgDSC00656.jpgDSC00658.jpgDSC00654.jpg

Each link should have img (in []) at the beginning and /img (in []) at the end.

Line one has this, but that in turn is surrounded by another img and /img

Lines 2, 3 and 4, don't open the image link with img.

As whysub said, it's easier to use the 5th button from the right and just paste your link in there. Just make sure you paste over the http:// that's put there for you.

Welcome to the world of image posting....:)

Thanks

Mike

If someone organises a southern meet I would come down to that-maybe that's part way between us for the wheels?

Only need them for a few weeks whilst I sort out my wheels-but whether to paint, powder coat or polish will be my dilemma! Whilst I've no spares to put on, I'm not being forced to make a choice.

Sweet , yep I'm up for a southern meet up. As for your wheels if you've no plastic centre caps I'd go for powder coating. The only reason I had my mk4 ones two pack painted was they have plastic centres which obviously can't be pcoated.. Pcoating is a harder wearing finish I believe.. If you only want to loan my wheels to get yours painted I'm cool with that. If I advertise them and sell them while you have them you may be able to pass them on if buyers closer to you.sure we could sort something.

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links