Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Having A Good Day, Abs N Vsc N Cd Player

well i put car in for rear wheel bearing yesterday and got car back 1st thing this morning, all sorted........or so i thought :ohmy:

vsc and abs light on now and wont reset.....phoned garage but they where all just knocking off so arranged car to go back in for them to sort (i believe the've knackered the sensor when doing bearing,).... and just to top everything of with a cherry on the top my cd player isnt working any more either ARGGGHHHHHHHHHH, symptoms are these.."cds load ok but dont play (they are getting loaded as i saw them coming out of magazine n loading into player)

the touch screen cd controls (as in the cd numbers just flashes all the time) and dont stay solid so not even getting any tracks displayed

abs n vsc will be sorted one way or another by garage either by them or lexus

cd player i need help with, is the a fix to this or is it a case of replacing cd unit

ps also got my MOT pass after getting bearing replaced

why me..... think my car knows im selling her so shes playing up.....

pity as car is a head turner up my way and always getting ppl staring and even stopping me and asking about it,,,,

how on earth can i sell her wi a knackered cd player (other issue is abs vsc will be sorted)

so any help on cd player will be much appreciated either a fix or a replacement ps would a different multi changer wire up n work via the touch screen

ps free gremlins to a good home.... wen i find the wee buggers that have decided to play with car today :winky:

You can buy CD player lens cleaners, I suspect all the unusual activity on the car has dislodged some dust, seems a tad coincidental, otherwise.

They are like any CD, only have little brushes on them. The alternative is a lot of dismantling to wipe the dust of the cd laser lens assembly

well i put car in for rear wheel bearing yesterday and got car back 1st thing this morning, all sorted........or so i thought :ohmy:

vsc and abs light on now and wont reset.....phoned garage but they where all just knocking off so arranged car to go back in for them to sort (i believe the've knackered the sensor when doing bearing,).... and just to top everything of with a cherry on the top my cd player isnt working any more either ARGGGHHHHHHHHHH, symptoms are these.."cds load ok but dont play (they are getting loaded as i saw them coming out of magazine n loading into player)

the touch screen cd controls (as in the cd numbers just flashes all the time) and dont stay solid so not even getting any tracks displayed

abs n vsc will be sorted one way or another by garage either by them or lexus

cd player i need help with, is the a fix to this or is it a case of replacing cd unit

ps also got my MOT pass after getting bearing replaced

why me..... think my car knows im selling her so shes playing up.....

pity as car is a head turner up my way and always getting ppl staring and even stopping me and asking about it,,,,

how on earth can i sell her wi a knackered cd player (other issue is abs vsc will be sorted)

so any help on cd player will be much appreciated either a fix or a replacement ps would a different multi changer wire up n work via the touch screen

ps free gremlins to a good home.... wen i find the wee buggers that have decided to play with car today :winky:

I dont want to get acused of stating the bleeding obvious but are the CD's the correct way up in the cartiridge.

Mike

Yes all cds are correct way round and all originals no copies (in fact 3 of them are only a week old), it was playing ok then next time i got into car NOTHING, checked for condensation but cant see how it could be that, so going to try a cd cleaner before i seriously lose my head n rip car to bits to find my GREMLINS :whistling:

Does seem extremely unlikely the cd's suddenly just stop reading without giving previous read problems.

only thing i can suggest is try resetting the cars electrics via Battery removal , maybe somethging's crashed.

at end of the day , the old(as in for same age toyotas) CONNECTS2 toyota ipod adaptor does work with this headunit (stangely works better with non reading cd player)

only downside is it does have folder issues.

Does seem extremely unlikely the cd's suddenly just stop reading without giving previous read problems.

only thing i can suggest is try resetting the cars electrics via battery removal , maybe somethging's crashed.

at end of the day , the old(as in for same age toyotas) CONNECTS2 toyota ipod adaptor does work with this headunit (stangely works better with non reading cd player)

only downside is it does have folder issues.

tried the Battery reset option as well but nothing, like i said when i place magazine in it goes thru the normal routine ie checks cds and alls ok then loads a cd but nothing ( i do see cd coming out of mag and into player ) but just wont read them and lock on if you know what i mean,

i had a bit of a hizzy fit last night and lost the head and went back into house ranting n raving that ill never buy another lexus again...mrs just smerked at me n said yeah right lol looked on internet at other makes of cars but ended up looking at lexus's again lol I'LL NEVER LEAVE THE FOLD .... no other cars comes close to :P

Ok a wee up date.....

Put car back to garage so they could look at it again and get any faults read, I told them it's the sensor but they said they'd investigate

Well 6 hrs later they phone me to say it's the sensor at fault (DOH and FFS 6hrs)

Anyway they foned around n couldn't get a sensor from any motor factors so they ended up foning Lexus Aberdeen and will get the part on Monday

And to top it all off my speedo has now stopped working ( related to sensor I believe) oh yeah and central locking fluffed up when I went to pick car up and immobiliser kicked in as well

Found out they hadn't tighten Battery terminals tight ( plonkers)

Any way decided to investigate my cd changer problem.........to no avail

I've tried a cd lens cleaner even put in 6 brand new CDs

It loads CDs alright and CDs go in and cd spins but just not reading them

I took the changer out of glovebox and had a good look in it ( without dismantling it) but can't see anything obvious

So looks like I'll be hunting down another one as once car has it's problems sorted I'm selling her, but not till everything is sorted,

I would hate to sell a car on, with problems for someone else to grumble at me for not telling them etc

So if anyone has any ideas on a fix for my cd problems or a spare working changer please get in touch....THANKYOU

Ps will never ever use this garage again

Did you get the sensor sorted?

No as to date the flipping garage that knackered it up still hasn't sorted it,

The whole episode has been a flipping joke

I put car in for mot....... Fails for bearing

Put car in next day for bearing to be replaced

Next day I pik car up new bearing new MOT woohoo....

Now the doom n gloom

Abs vsc lights r on and cd player stops reading CDs !!!!!!!!!!

Put car back and they take 6 hrs to tell me sensor knackered ( I did tell them it was wen I put car back) go figure 6 hrs to diagnose that....muppets

Go to pik car up as it was going to be 4/5 days before new sensor arrives from lexus Aberdeen(they 1st told me they wer going to get a 2nd hand one of eBay...I soon put a stop to that,

Well when I went to get in car central locking not working..opens car with key in lock and sirens/alarms all go off ( this was down to a loose Battery connection which I found and they didn't) well went to drive away and lol no speedo now, so left car with them and part arrived Monday ...they fit speedo working but abs n vsc lights still on ....so they fone lexus Aberdeen only to be told oooops wrong sensor sent to you......me I'm starting to lose the will to live by now and put the fone down on them as I was seriously losing my rag

Told them if not sorted by Wednesday I will be demanding them to ship car to lexus Aberdeen at there cost and a hire car in replacement till my cars sorted n back on my drive,

This is nearly 2wks this has been going on.... Mean while there driving my car to the other side of town all the time to get a garage to read the faults.... My friends have told me ohh saw u up town today n u didn't wave errrrr no not me I'm in my lorry 100's of miles away so looks like they joy riding in my car BARSTEWARDS so I'm going to confront them on that as well

And I made sure I wrote down the mileage when I dropped it off to them and I had half a tank of fuel ...so be interesting what I find out when I get home late today or early tomorrow

Either way I'm extremely hacked off

Rant over for just now

Bloody hell mate, they sound like right cowboys.

Sorry about your run of bad luck and I hope they sort it for you.

The thought of someone "joyriding" in my LS would really p*ss me off so I can understand how you feel.

Let us know how you get on!

Mike

good news got car back with problems sorted (not cd player tho.... think it was just coincidence it went after they had car)

no happy with there customer service, i asked them to keep me informed about car and got nothing ie no phone calls etc

i phoned this morning and asked if car was sorted and they said yes was ready last night...EH i said why has it taken me to contact you to find out if car was sorted and ready to pick up reply i got back was ..........oh i forgot,

believe me i wont even go back there for a flipping nut or washer let alone anything else i have so many words to express about the company but not one of the is good all start with the letters C.... W...... B....... and F...... etc etc ps <- not a word search or hangman puzzle lol

You're getting there albeit slowly,forgot to say there is a MK4 being broken on ebay at the moment,thinking of the CD changer here.

im speaking with someone on site whos breaking one and just arranging postage now,

so fingers crossed everything be back to 100% woohooo lol its just cd changer thats wrong now

thanks for info tho

• 2 weeks later...

You're getting there albeit slowly,forgot to say there is a MK4 being broken on ebay at the moment,thinking of the CD changer here.

im speaking with someone on site whos breaking one and just arranging postage now,

so fingers crossed everything be back to 100% woohooo lol its just cd changer thats wrong now

thanks for info tho

UPDATE

Tried cd lens cleaners .....no joy

Dismantled cd player n cleaned lens......no joy

Got a cd player via eBay......no joy ...... Bloke sent a mk3's cd player and the connector on back slightly different so no use to me

Mrs getting very annoyed at my singing now...tone death. Seemingly lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links