Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Torque Steer

Hi,

We bought our car from a Lexus dealer at Christmas and it has always (mildly) pulled to the right under heavy accelerating.

I'm assuming this is just normal torque steer for a 400h, or is there something wrong with the geo or tyres?

Would be interesting to get other owners feedback please.

Thanks.

That'll be one of the characteristics of the Hybrid vehicle, sounds about normal to me. They suffer from horrible torque steer in my experience, jsut eb a little easy on the happy pedal and it should be OK.

Ok thanks, that's great feedback.

My car is a little more planted, so I must say I tend the grip the wheel a bit tighter when driving the wife's Lexus.

I agree with the torgue steer on a 400h, frightenes the life out of you when you experience for the first time. Most owners are happy to keep light on the gas, but there may come a time when you need to accelarate to get out of trouble. Recommend all hybrid drivers take a little time on a clear road to max out the acceleration and get used to the sensation to prepare for such an eventuality.

Hi,

We bought our car from a Lexus dealer at Christmas and it has always (mildly) pulled to the right under heavy accelerating.

I'm assuming this is just normal torque steer for a 400h, or is there something wrong with the geo or tyres?

Would be interesting to get other owners feedback please.

Thanks.

Very likely to be RX400 'normal' torque steer. Try not pushing your foot through the floor and it should be OK.

Quite normal for a RX400h/450h, the geometry has not been completely sorted for what basically is a front wheel drive vehicle with 250+ bhp going through the front axle, you will find the RX300/350 does not suffer this characteristic as they are genuine 4WD configeration.

Its just basically vehicle dynamics, a lot of clever work has to be done to alleviate torgue steer from a powerful engine to FWD vehicles, witness the Ford Focus RS as a case in point.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links