Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I hope someone might answere this. I might buy a 1991 or 2 400, providing it is serviced throughout its life, maybe up to 2k, does anyone think I will have probs with perished material (rubbers etc) at that age or any common probs with a 400 of that age, thanks

Hi, wow, £2k will buy you the very best 91 or 92 LS400 in the UK.

Normal prices for this year are @£500 or so.

Cherished and loved and amazingly well looked after will be available to you BUT where, oh where could u find one ?

check the MOT Advisories and Failure records of the one you find with the DVLA search with the co-operation of the owner's log book.

Cambelt changes at 60k; and these models suffer from Alternator failure usually from a leaking Power Steering Unit just above it.

BUT at £2k you will get an amzingly loved car at this age.

Personally, I think the best year is the last of the Mk 1's ......... guess what that is ........ 1994 on an M plate !

Mine's now done just 40k miles.

Happy hunting.

Malc

Welcome to the LOC.

I have to agree with Malc you will be very lucky to find a prestine series 1 LS400 even with 2K to spend on one,there are some series 4 models around that price now albeit the shabby end of the market.

As this is a heavy car the suspension does wear more front than rear so listen for knocks over bumps indicating money will need to be spent.

The 1990-1992 model has smaller wheels and brakes so the 1993/4 is much improved in these respects the later models more so.

A full service history is a good thing to have,mileage is less important as the engines will last if the services are done as required.

Plenty of choice about in a buyer's market,take your time and get a good example,a poor choice can be a potential money pit.

BTW have you seen this members car for sale around the money.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=72466&pid=752607&st=0entry752607

Cambelt changes at 60k; and these models suffer from Alternator failure usually from a leaking Power Steering Unit just above it.

Personally, I think the best year is the last of the Mk 1's ......... guess what that is ........ 1994 on an M plate !

It's generally acknowledged now that the 1UZ engine is quite happy with 90k cambelt changes. After all, that's the interval for the cambelt for North America cars.

Oh, and a 1994 would be the last of a Mk2.

Yes, I forgot, mine's a Mk2. I spent so long driving my 1992 Mk 1. These cars are just so brilliant. You will not regret your purchase.

I just so, so prefer the Mk1 and 2 profile.

Malc

Yes, I forgot, mine's a Mk2. I spent so long driving my 1992 Mk 1. These cars are just so brilliant. You will not regret your purchase.

I just so, so prefer the Mk1 and 2 profile.

Malc

See, I'm in the opposite camp. I find the lines of the MK3 much more bold and defined. I think the MK1/2 is a little too 'soft'.

Just my opinion though, it'd be a boring place if we all liked the same thing!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links