Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Stuck In My Drl's

Fugu

Hey All,

I have just finished with my Day time running lights, They come on automatically when I turn the key, any thoughts?

On with the lid up

drl1.jpg

A close up

drl2.jpg

Just stuck in place

drl3.jpg

Building them into the lid

drl4.jpg

With the lid down

drl5.jpg

And hidden when off

drl6.jpg

I will get a pic uploaded later when it gets dark

Look good. Be carefull though, quite a few members on here did the exact same fit with the strip LEDs, and Aztec Bandits caught fire. Make sure they are fused up with a very, very low ampage fuse.

Look good. Be carefull though, quite a few members on here did the exact same fit with the strip LEDs, and Aztec Bandits caught fire. Make sure they are fused up with a very, very low ampage fuse.

Ooooo how did that work out? i stuck a couple of resisters on them to make sure they didnt blow but didnt even think about them going up in smoke... :tomato:

Cheers for the advisory Tigerfish

why have you moulded them to the bonnet and not just stuck to the headlight?

we now use a small fuse on them ~500mA

I did try them on the headlight at first but found they stuck out on the edge, I wanted them receded so I stuck them to the bonnet, only problem was they looked very messy.

If it was for my old vectra I would have left it, but since I'm in this for the long haul I thought I would spend 30mins on building them in, I haven't painted them yet though.

I must admit, they are not for everyone but they light this car up beautifully.

P.S. thank you very much for the fuse tip, I will sort that tomo after work.

not to my taste, but good workmanship none the less!

Hi not my cup of tea either,just seems we cant wait to join the bandwagon,all of a sudden its day-time running lights while some look good alot look awful,before that its was angel lights(BMW)why have a Lexus with angel lights,have you seen some of ther after-market the angel lights on some corsa etc ???? or the Lexus lights on some Vectras,Golfs,Renaults etc they just look awful.Better being original than a copy,and if a copy make it look better not worse,oh well everyone to their own i suppose.

I am a fan of daytime running lights. And all new model cars or significant face lifted cars have to have them as of February this year.

I'm not a fan however of the stick on type, or aftermarket type like the LED strips. They look tacky and aren't half as powerful as originals. I saw a new shape IS the other day with the new DRLs Lexus have, like the ones on the CT, very bright and probably brighter by night than the headlights!

But it's what people like, if we all likeed the same it'd be a boring world.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links