Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2000 Is200 Sport

Hi all

After driving my IS200 Sport a friend is on the lookout for one! :D He has saw a 2000 V reg Platinum Ice car with 65k on it for £12000 from a non Lexus dealer and this is the rock bottom straight sale price.

The car has a full Lexus history and was owned by Tescos in the mainland. Car is bog standard.

Condition wise the car is mint both inside and out. I said I would ask the peeps here what they thought about the price. Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Gavin :)

Hi all

After driving my IS200 Sport a friend is on the lookout for one!  :D  He has saw a 2000 V reg Platinum Ice car with 65k on it for £12000 from a non Lexus dealer and this is the rock bottom straight sale price.

The car has a full Lexus history and was owned by Tescos in the mainland.  Car is bog standard.

Condition wise the car is mint both inside and out.  I said I would ask the peeps here what they thought about the price.  Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Gavin :)

A 'V' (2000) will be dropping out of warranty (if not already!). 65K is not bad stretched over 3 years. Full service history means nothing when buying a used car (in my opinion... others may differ!).

Remember to fully check the paintwork (bonnet / grill for stone chips) and alloys for rust / marks. Any garage can tart-up a car making it look pretty, but not many owners keep their car that way! Paintwork problems lead quickly to rusting.

I would think £12K was a bit steep for a 3-year old Sport. £10K would interest me... £12K would not. Remember that Lexus dealers keep their used-car-prices inflated deliberately... don't let the "non-Lexus dealer" do the same!

I suppose £12K is a good starting price for haggling though... especially if your friend can negotiate a deal on a part-ex.

Hope this opinion helps.

As mentioned above, the car will just be dropping out, or will have already dropped, out of warranty.

If you bought via a Lexus dealer you'd get 1yr dealer warranty (better than factory warranty) and refurbed alloys etc etc.

On lexus.co.uk there's a 99T (1yr older than one you mention) with 61k for £12,995. Remember this will come with full yrs warranty, refurbed wheels etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

You'd be able to get that for £12.5k if you push properly......so looking at it from afar, the non-lexus dealer one for 12k (rock bottom price as you've said) or 12.5k for one from Lexus.

Specifically for a car from a non-lexus dealer, I think that is a LITTLE high, but maybe not quite as much as people suggest above.

Hope that's of help to you / your mate

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links