Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

my Ac compressor bearing seems to be faulty, making a lot of noise when AC is on.

I tried to put a little bit of copper grease, no luck so I quess I have to replace the part.

What is the best option to do this, second hand compressor or can I just replace the bearing for the compressor,

thanks,

i have no experiance with this problem on a lexus,but do with a ford galaxy(vw engine)

my clutch plate parted company with the spindle after a few days making a dredful squealing.

after getting hold of another compressor with help we changed the plate in situ,dont know how much room you have in yours but on the gal it was tight.

if you know your compressor is working correctly then just change the plate,that way you wont have all the expense.

hth a ittle?.

It is a good point, since I know the compressor is ok, why change it all?

But where I could get second hand clutch assembly for the ac compressor?

If you know of one in a scrap yard you could just remove the clutch unit :whistling:

Or buy the whole compressor and remove the parts you need to fix yours.

This way you won't need to have the system depressurized and then refilled.

Have you asked Benfur if he can help?

• 3 weeks later...

I do actually have the parts now (clutch assembly), thanks to Benfur, but I still haven't done anything to fix the issue yet:)

How is the installation of the parts, should I take the car to garage or can it be done in parking lot, basically how hard is the installation of the parts,

the compressor seems to be quite easily reached, but not sure if this is an easy task.

Winter is coming in Finland anyway, so I think the ac compressor will not run under 0 degrees anyway?

• 1 month later...

I went to local Ac repair place and there was valve leaking, so no r134 in the system.

How ever after the fill up, compressor still makes noise so that means that compressor is after all faulty, it does not make pressure either.

Also the repairer said that about 50% of second hand compressors are useless, so might be best to change the compressor to new one if I feel the need to do this,

cheers,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links