Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Put Winter Wheels On An Tyre Pressure Light Came On

So I took my car to Lexus and they explained about the electronic sensors in the wheel valves

My winter wheels have normal valves and the car identifies an issue, hence light on

Lexus also said that the valve sensors may be set for individual corners so put the wheels back on where they came off. I said that I have no idea about which wheel came from which corner, to which they replied that the car may reset itself when the normal wheels are back on again.

Thoughts?

So I took my car to Lexus and they explained about the electronic sensors in the wheel valves

My winter wheels have normal valves and the car identifies an issue, hence light on

Lexus also said that the valve sensors may be set for individual corners so put the wheels back on where they came off. I said that I have no idea about which wheel came from which corner, to which they replied that the car may reset itself when the normal wheels are back on again.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that if the dealer doesn't know the answers then they are sadly lacking in knowledge about their product and should take steps to find the answer for you. Since it is recommended to rotate wheels from time to time and also since if you replace just 2 tyres they should be put on the rear of the car, I can't see why it would matter which wheel goes where so long as you ensure that the tyres are at the correct pressure.

you DO need to put the wheels back on the corner they came from as each wheel has a code and each wheel code is coded to a corner of the car........

i work with this system daily....its fitted to the rav4's too

also the only way to find the code is to remove the tyres and get the code off the valve which at a dealer will be charged at .3 per tyre so in total 1.2 then you need to pay for coding every garage is diff..... from .5 to 1.0 so if your dealer takes £80 plus vat per hour your going to be looking around £160 plus vat just in labour....and no the light wont reset its self

you DO need to put the wheels back on the corner they came from as each wheel has a code and each wheel code is coded to a corner of the car........

i work with this system daily....

Obviously you know what you are talking about on this as it is your job but why would the OP's Lexus dealer be unable to answer the question. Is it that the service reception guys don't ask the techs?

How do you rotate the wheels between tyre replacements or is it just not possible on these cars?

i work with this system daily....

Obviously you know what you are talking about on this as it is your job but why would the OP's Lexus dealer be unable to answer the question. Is it that the service reception guys don't ask the techs?

How do you rotate the wheels between tyre replacements or is it just not possible on these cars?

Tyre rotation isn't possible on the IS 250 with directional tyres, as the tyre and wheel widths are staggered front to rear.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links