Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi guys

i have a 1996 lexus gs300 sport mk1.i only use it sometimes once a week.left the car standing for a week went to go out today and the Battery was flat.how long will the car stand before going flat?.help please.do i have a problem on the car?.or just that i am not using it enough.

thanks kev.

hi guys

i have a 1996 lexus gs300 sport mk1.i only use it sometimes once a week.left the car standing for a week went to go out today and the battery was flat.how long will the car stand before going flat?.help please.do i have a problem on the car?.or just that i am not using it enough.

thanks kev.

Impossible to say how long the car can stand before Battery goes flat as there are too many variables. How old is Battery?

Could be the way you use the car....maybe too many short trips with lights, air con/heater, radio. Alternator on way out, possibly just the Battery knackered. If you don't have a Battery tester call in at a couple of Battery sales places like Halfords and get them to check or call out your breakdown cover provider next time, they should automatically check Battery condition after they jumpstart you.

thanks for the replies.new alternator fitted november 2010 only done about 800 miles since fitted.when i use the car nothing is switched on its all switched off.was told when i bought the car Battery was not all that old i have had the car since january 2009.

thanks for the replies.new alternator fitted november 2011 only done about 800 miles since fitted.when i use the car nothing is switched on its all switched off.was told when i bought the car battery was not all that old i have had the car since january 2009.

I would get the Battery checked. I would go to more than 1 place though...all motor accessory outlets and fastfit places do free Battery checks. You say new alternator November 2011??? which is in last 7 days? I have only done 3,500 miles in last 18 months. 800 miles in 1 week should not result in flat Battery unless you have a serious drain or a totally knackered Battery.

First have the Battery checked out mine is often stood in excess of 2 weeks and never fails to start, but I do turn of the remote locking system to save power as recommended in the driver's handbook although I don't know if you can do the same in the GS

Even though the car is stood there are circuits drawing current like the alarm system, you could buy one of the solar panel chargers and place it on the dash to keep the Battery charged up.

thanks for the replies.new alternator fitted november 2011 only done about 800 miles since fitted.when i use the car nothing is switched on its all switched off.was told when i bought the car battery was not all that old i have had the car since january 2009.

I would get the Battery checked. I would go to more than 1 place though...all motor accessory outlets and fastfit places do free Battery checks. You say new alternator November 2011??? which is in last 7 days? I have only done 3,500 miles in last 18 months. 800 miles in 1 week should not result in flat Battery unless you have a serious drain or a totally knackered Battery.

sorry dave 1 alternator was fitted in 2010 not 2011.i only use the car about once or twice a week doing aprox 6 miles each time.

First have the battery checked out mine is often stood in excess of 2 weeks and never fails to start, but I do turn of the remote locking system to save power as recommended in the driver's handbook although I don't know if you can do the same in the GS

Even though the car is stood there are circuits drawing current like the alarm system, you could buy one of the solar panel chargers and place it on the dash to keep the battery charged up.

hi.

will get Battery checked.only thing i am worried about is i have no blips for the alarm etc last owner lost both of them.so dear not disconnect Battery incase alarm goes off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links