Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Wheels Refurb Project

Good work.

Did you lacquer? they look much darker when they are on! the colour looks absolutely fantastic when the light is on it.

The steps were:

* Remove all paint with Nitromors

* sand with 120

* 1 full coat of etch primer straight on the metal (U-POL)

* 2 coats of filling primer

* sand 1st coat of primer with 400

* sand 2nd coat of primer with 2000

* around 3 coats of paint on the front side of the wheel

* 1 good coat at the inside of the wheel

* 2 - 3 coats of clear laquer

Rgds

George

I got the alloys of the IS250 refurbished recently and repainted them in anthracite ... well more of smoked chrome actually (the same colour that's on the new LR discovery, will post the pictures ...

I find them much better than the flaky OEM silver ones

the centre caps still have old colour

I'm presuming from the photos that you are single, otherwise, you must have one of the most understanding wives of all time. I remember once bringing a screwdriver into the kitchen and my wife didn't speak to me for weeks.

Great job by the way.

Now,, wheres that screwdriver.

thanks for the comments, well she loves me but not that much.....

she was at her mother's for 3 days, when she was back on Sunday evening everything was clean and the house was smelling floor cleaner :lol:

that was an old hairdryer she (thought) had thrown away some time ago but i kept it thinking that i might need it for the project. it does help speeding up the drying of the primer coats.

she was at her mother's for 3 days, when she was back on Sunday evening everything was clean and the house was smelling floor cleaner :lol:

that was an old hairdryer she (thought) had thrown away some time ago but i kept it thinking that i might need it for the project. it does help speeding up the drying of the primer coats.

Good work, now lower it :whistling:

is250selwithfrontspoile.jpg

I have the same color car and i'v been wanting to refurb my wheels dark gray, because I have some flaking on front wheels.

Now I see that OEM silver fits a lot better, this gray is too dark, or wheels are too small for dark color scheme.

But refurb is very nicely done.

is250selwithfrontspoile.jpg

I'm planning to lower it in February - March after the snow (if there will be any this year). The springs of choice are H&R 35mm drop front and rear.

To be honest I'm very sceptic of lowering this car after driving a very low Alfa 156 for 5 years.

I'm afraid i'm going to lose some of the comfort that I missed with the Alfa but I think I'm going to make that sacrifice because the 220d handles very bad at that height. It looks like a 4x4 next to 3 or 5 series bmw.

For now I want to change the italian made tuning box (120 euro) I have which performs kind of ok for a german made (229 euro) race-chip .

I have also ready to install a oil catch tank

I'm planning to lower it in February - March after the snow (if there will be any this year). The springs of choice are H&R 35mm drop front and rear.

To be honest I'm very sceptic of lowering this car after driving a very low Alfa 156 for 5 years.

I'm afraid i'm going to lose some of the comfort that I missed with the Alfa but I think I'm going to make that sacrifice because the 220d handles very bad at that height. It looks like a 4x4 next to 3 or 5 series bmw.

For now I want to change the italian made tuning box (120 euro) I have which performs kind of ok for a german made (229 euro) race-chip .

Just be aware that lowering by 35mm will put the camber just outside of the Lexus geometry tolerances. Mine was lowered just over 38mm at the front and required camber adjusters to be fitted as there's no camber (or caster) adjustment on the second generation Is's, only toe adjustment.

Just be aware that lowering by 35mm will put the camber just outside of the Lexus geometry tolerances. Mine was lowered just over 38mm at the front and required camber adjusters to be fitted as there's no camber (or caster) adjustment on the second generation Is's, only toe adjustment.

thanks for the advice, if i remember well you had installed camber adjusters in your 250. i will keep that in mind when i will be getting the springs

was looking for cars with extreme camber and came across this

:o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links