Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

@Rick - thanks for that mate. That is spot on what I want. I followed about four different tutorials and they all pointed to buying the lot from a single source who wasn't replying to email.

Thanks a ton bud!

Right, I've taken the plunge and ordered ten of each. Not sure if that is enough. Made sure to get the flat headed ones as I've read that they are more even in terms of light distribution rather than the domed headed ones.

Also ordered some HID and high power sidelight bulbs. Shame I can't find something suitable for the rear clusters :( Unless, of course, someone knows differnt?

Cheers Wow300! Appreciated your input.

Was hoping that there might be some JDM clear rears. Funnily enough, they are plentiful for the Soarer market and the IS but neither sight nor sound of them for the 300/Aristo. Can't even find clear side repeaters either. The ones on currently are smoked by a previous owner but to say they look bad is an understatement of mammoth proportions. I aim to detango the fronts and am thinking about doing a separation in order to insert angel eyes or DRL's

the clear side repeaters off the RX300 (I think it was) fit the mk1, which is what I did when I had mine. Having said that, there are clear (not crystal) ones on eBay at the moment for £15 a pair plus postage. The genuine items like I used will cost more than that.

Must admit, I've seen nothing for the arse end of jzs147, other than a de-tango or DIY smoke, I don't think there is much choice.

After a couple of years deliberating whether to sell my car or not I have decided to hold on to it for a while longer and get some of those niggly jobs done.

In the interior around the dash and centre console I have a lot of dead bulbs that I'd like to replece.

I have sorted the a/c control and hopefully the head unit, just need to fit so will be following TigerFish's tutorial on removal and replacement of these.

Need to do the gear change selector panel by the gear lever but not sure where to look for the bulbs and also need to know if there is any interior lighting around the coin tray and rear fog lamp switch.

Any help appreciated.

there are two bulbs in the gear selector, similar bayonet types as the AC unit but I can't remember off the top of my head which size, probably the larger ones. Once you have the panel out, it is obvious where they are. The pic below was from my mk1, so the fog and headlamp height adjuster should be lit.

post-19263-1192307400.jpg

Cheers - I did think it was a little odd that there was no backlight to the headlamp adjuster/rear fog switch, just need to find out where the bulb is and how to get to it.

Not sure if the mirror adjustment switch should be lit or not, it wasn't in my pic, but it could've been blown.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links