Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Are Mk1 Strut Bars So Expensive?

where are you seeing mk2 strut bars for less then £100?.. lol

I had a strut bar for my mk1, cost £34 from what I remember. I have to say, it was probably more cosmetic than function (the cross bar flexed plenty by hand), but looked ok though. Just had a look on eBay and the one I bought isn't listed at the moment except from the US.

You can see the type I had in the pic below

turn2.jpg

There are a couple listed on eBay international, can't remember whether they were under Aristo or GS300 but they were for the 98< model. Believe it or not, they were about £25! Admittedly, postage was steep. I know the JDM aristo ones are much heavier duty but it would cost about £230 to get them in here without adding on import duty and vat.

There are a couple listed on ebay international, can't remember whether they were under Aristo or GS300 but they were for the 98< model. Believe it or not, they were about £25! Admittedly, postage was steep. I know the JDM aristo ones are much heavier duty but it would cost about £230 to get them in here without adding on import duty and vat.

Yeah, I've seen them in US, they are basically the same as the one I had on my mk1. I was after a proper sturdy job this time round.

I am a strut bar fan too, one of my first purchases when I got my GS.

Mine is off a twin turbo Aristo and is mighty stiff.

I'd post an image but I don't use remote storage sites and this 'board' won't let me post a picture direct.

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine from the UK check on aristo owners club and see if anyone is breaking I bought mine from an aristo owner who had been sponsored so bought the strut along with brand new RSR springs off him. And regarding mk2 struts might be too long as the bay looks wider ie strut to strut the only other option is buy an adjustable universal strut from sparco etc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links