Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Ct Purchased Today

Habu

After driving Toyota for years (currently on Gen 3 Prius T Spirit) I've purchased, subject to finance going through:), brand new SE-L in metallic grey with Navi pack and ivory leather trim. The car, along with several others, where all in stock and ready to go. I'll miss the Prius loads (it's my third) but I won't miss the rattles from the poor interior plastic trim. To date, my current Prius is probably the best car I've owned. I'm looking forward to what appears to be a good audio system, keyless entry (although my Prius has this), parking sensors front & rear plus the auto dip mirror.

Anyone else gone from a gen 3 Prius to a CT?

Time to top up the Meguiars collection :)

Yes I too had a gen 3 Prius and like you could not live with the rubbish interior and rattles. I still like the look of the Prius but the CT is superior on so many other ways. You won't regret it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm pleased you like the CT after the Prius. I've just spent the last hour reading web reviews and seemingly no one likes it :(

I wouldn't say all the reviews are bad. However all that matters is whether the owners like the car and from the ct owners forums, most seem to love their cars. For example, its supposed to have a firm ride, but IMHO it really isn't any firmer than most cars I've driven (including the prius). Also, it is every bit a Lexus as my previous car prior to the Prius which was an RX400h. So don't read too much into what motoring journos have to say.

On the 30th November I went from a Gen 3 Prius T Spirit to a CT200h SE-L Premier with Lateral Damping System.

I am enjoying a rattle-free car at last with much more comfortable seats and excellent build quality.

I am seriously missing my HUD and digital speedometer.

The rear window gets very dirty as it is almost vertical and you will be using the wiper much more than in the Prius.

The ride is harder than the Prius but not uncomfortable, with much less body roll.

The auto-dimming mirrors seem to need the following vehicle to be pretty close to fully dim, could be better.

Just as an aside, my insurance premiuim only increased by £12 for the remaining 9 months until renewal.

On the 30th November I went from a Gen 3 Prius T Spirit to a CT200h SE-L Premier with Lateral Damping System.

I am enjoying a rattle-free car at last with much more comfortable seats and excellent build quality.

I am seriously missing my HUD and digital speedometer.

The rear window gets very dirty as it is almost vertical and you will be using the wiper much more than in the Prius.

The ride is harder than the Prius but not uncomfortable, with much less body roll.

The auto-dimming mirrors seem to need the following vehicle to be pretty close to fully dim, could be better.

Just as an aside, my insurance premiuim only increased by £12 for the remaining 9 months until renewal.

Cheers for the info, very handy. Anything else spring to mind?

The thing with the web reviews is that most of them either don't seem to have driven the car, or they are slanting their reviews to favour the cars they like.

I.e. they're lying in their reviews to make people buy German cars.

Just have a peek at the Parker's Guide review at : Parker Lies

Lacklustre performance - not been beaten off the lights yet when I've tried. It's not great with several people in the car but which car is ...

Poor ride quality - I'll give 'em that but the trade off is that the handling and flexibility are excellent

Handling 3/5 - the CT is faster around a roundabout I use for handling testing than a Puma 1.7 and a Focus ST170. Handling and ability to accelerate through corners is excellent.

Comfort 3.5/5 - seriously ? What planet are they on ... :winky:

Practicality 3/5 - another one for the "what planet" ? Ok, boot is compromised by the Battery but it's a flatter loading floor with the seats down than the 30 degree angle the Focus had.

Reliability 3.5/5 - not enough data yet for anything other than Lexus average and considering one of my reasons to go Lexus was their top quality reliabity ...

Running costs 4/5 - ok, it's a 69mpg (figures lie :hehe: ) small luxury car. Again with the What Planet ?

I read one where a mag criticised the CT for being noisy at speed, where the dB recorded were the same as the Audi and only a couple of dB behind the Golf. No similar criticism for the German cars. Other reviews bemoan the lack of paddle shifters for the CVT - you don't need them, the gearbox brain reacts quicker than a paddle shifter.

I do have criticisms of the car :

Autowipers are a bit of a waste of silicon, timed intermittent works better

SE-L manual seat could do with more adjustment options

Highway speed charge level should be 60%, not 80% to allow room for harvesting energy while slowing down from 70

Parking sensors don't take account of rear wheels turning inside the front - beware

Cold fingers like buttons for seat heaters, not press-turn-press (variable heating is unnecessary)

But those are quite shallow criticisms. The closing opinion is that while I tried to avoid driving my previous car (Focus ST170) and was bored with it after a few weeks, I'm still wanting to drive the CT wherever possible. I'm thinking about forgoing a coach trip for next week's Xmas party so I can take the car in, although I'm not taking it to pick up pizza yet (I walk there faster than the pizza comes out of the oven). I have confidence in the handling which was sadly lacking in the ST. The performance is more than adequate as the gearbox brain is in sync with what I want it to do.

I suspect I'll have this CT for quite a while, unless something better (like a CT300h!) comes along.

PS My real reason for hating on the German cars is experience with Golf TDI and family experience with VW dealers, plus I think the A3 is boring as hell :D

Whilst I have never had (or driven) a prius I just do not understand all the negative comments about the CT, I've had mine now for nearly 8 months and simply LOVE the car, would not swap it for anything in my budget.

As other people have replied, it defies logic at times just how quick it can be in sports mode and whilst the MPG will never be as good as suggested, I never get less than 52mpg per tank, best has been just over 60mpg on a long motorway run.

This is now my 3rd lexus (IS200, IS200D, now CT) and it is by a far way the best ever. The IS200D was a very bad experience but the CT has quickly reminded me exactly why I like Lexus as a brand.

I see no reason at all why my next car will not be another CT or whatever hybrid Lexus have out (maybe an IS Hybrid?)

I am sure you will love your CT once you get it and will not for a moment regret your choice, I certainly haven't

Thanks for all the info, guys. Went along to the 'local' Centre, yesterday, in Teesside and had a quick play in the car which, surprisingly, only had 2 miles on the Odo. I thought it would have had more miles on it. I'm not complaining, just surprised, that's all. I could have had the car next week but I thought I'd leave it until I practically break up for Christmas so, I'm going to leave it until the 22nd. This'll be my first experience of Lexus ownership so I hope all goes well at handover. It's Cadoxton Slate with ivory leather and navi. The Centre has a load of CTs in most colours (if not all) and 2 out of the 3 SE-L's that I saw were navi equipped models. I nearly went for a solid black one with navi but I didn't want the grey leather trim that it had.

Just another thought...are there any items in the car I won't initially find? I'm thinking of maybe things like a tyre pressure monitor light? Also, what is the purpose (if there is one) for the hole just below the seat heaters? Is it intended to hold, say, a phone?

My biggest 'concern' is where is my PG Tips Monkey going to sit? :)

Just another thought...are there any items in the car I won't initially find? I'm thinking of maybe things like a tyre pressure monitor light? Also, what is the purpose (if there is one) for the hole just below the seat heaters? Is it intended to hold, say, a phone?

My biggest 'concern' is where is my PG Tips Monkey going to sit? :)

Like others, I have a total of 3 Prius and watched the build quality deteriorate as Toyota try to make a profit. I had the last one for 18 months before I tested a CT and managed to buy the Finance Manager's car because no new ones were available in May. Disregard the negative comments. I find the car a pleasure to drive though after 'Winter Check Up', petrol consumption has increased more than I would expect in colder temperatures. Lexus build quality is superb and service is excellent. Ask your dealer if they do the complimentary Saturday car wash. The Tyre Pressure monitor is for the US market and not available here - should be deleted in the brochure. I put my mobile phone in the slot in front of the heated seat switches. The only feature I miss is cruise control. Get out and enjoy driving your car Habu

Curious reading :

I have a total of 3 Prius and watched the build quality deteriorate as Toyota try to make a profit.

I had been considering the Prius (along with the CR-Z) but after having a sit inside one, the thoughts were :

Yep - lots of toys

HUD and gadgets could take a lot of getting used to

(didn't think much of the ergonomics, although test drive probably would have convinced me)

But key impression : "is this car going to survive a few years ?"

Wasn't convinced by the build quality on the Prius, the CT felt like a far more solid car. (Although watch for the passenger door inside handle grip falling off)

Curious reading :

I have a total of 3 Prius and watched the build quality deteriorate as Toyota try to make a profit.

I had been considering the Prius (along with the CR-Z) but after having a sit inside one, the thoughts were :

Yep - lots of toys

HUD and gadgets could take a lot of getting used to

(didn't think much of the ergonomics, although test drive probably would have convinced me)

But key impression : "is this car going to survive a few years ?"

Wasn't convinced by the build quality on the Prius, the CT felt like a far more solid car. (Although watch for the passenger door inside handle grip falling off)

Yup, same here. Test drove Prius and the CRZ. I loved the look of the CRZ but it isn't that frugal (mid 40's) but the HID's and glass roof nearly sold it for me. Gotta admit, the CRZ's gearbox was the sweetest thing I've ever used. However, went back to Lexus and the whole quality thing just appealed more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links