Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Removing Amp Gs300 Mk1

Hi Guys

I have a dodgy drivers door speaker connection, i've removed the speaker and tested it on the passenger side and it works and the wiring looks OK. Someone mentioned it could be a transistor on the amp for that channel.....but how do i get to the amp its a MK1 GS300 i don't want to go in blindly tring to remove the fascia with a screwdriver if there is an easy way to do it.

cheers

Ants

Hi Ants944,

Unless the radio has an internal amp, it's not behind the dash but it maybe diiferent in a UK spec GS, there is an amp built into the speaker units in the boot but can that's based on the Import Version.

The amp is under the 12 disc cd changer in the boot

Thanx for that jac114 i would have looked a right muppet trin to get behind the fascia for it.

Ok so i managed to get the amp out and take the cover off, nothing seems to have obviously blown (no black marks) does any one know which is the bit that controlls the Drivers speaker.

Alternatively it could be the controls behind the fascia???? could it ?? anyone know how to test the output to the speaker ???

Ants944

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links