Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Accident And Looking For A New Is200

Hi All

Think last time I visited this forum was 5 years back?

i have a 99 IS200 S which is very reliable until last Friday.

Wife was driving on M25 to come to London to see me in the evening.

Suddently car lost control and hit the left side barrier then bounced back to the central barrier.

Car stopped in the middle of the motorway.

Luckily wife was not hurt at all. The engine comparment and boot were in absolutely aweful state.

The passenger compartment was fine without obvious deformation. All 4 doors open fine.

It seems the one of the front tyres exploded. 3 weeks back we visited a tyre place and got told the front tyres still have some life left!

It comes so quick!

She is 100% sure it is going to be written off by insurance.

Now I am back in the market looking for a another IS200 cos I love it so much!

Money is very tight this moment as I am buying a new flat this moment. So max budget 2200 pounds.

We need to run between Birmingham and London at least once a month. During week days wife dirves it for 3 miles a day to work

I need you advice: do I get a auto is200 or manual is200? what's the MPG like for auto? How many years life I am expecting from a 10 years old IS200 auto gearbox?

Thank you very much!

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident. We can be all thankful that all that was damaged was the car and no one was injured or worse.

The IS200 Auto from what I know suffers from slightly worse fuel economy than the manual. Auto gearboxes have basically two modes, they work or they don't. If you find one that has problems shifting, unusual noises and such like then run away very fast. If they are working normally they can last the lifetime of the car and beyond.

I am selling my is200 s it's black on a 2001 x plate it's had cambelt changed and water pump all new brakes discs and pads vented and grooved also it's got brand new bc coilovers the bonnet and roof are carbon wrapped and the car is in mint condition if you would like pics I will send them to you 07787296826

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links