Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Usb + Ipod + Mobile Phone + Bluetooth

;)

my wife would like to add the following capabilities to her 2003 LS430 with navigation and Mark Levinson:

play from USB stick

play from iPod

use her mobile phone via Bluetooth

who did that already ?

which adapters are you using ?

what are your experiences and problems ?

which adapters would you recommend ?

thank you very much !

;) ;)

Hello,

I'm not sure I can help you fully but I have the 2004 LS430 with the Levinson sound system.

The Sat Nav includes phone/bluetooth options on my model and it works fine - I really don't know if you have the same version.

I had an Ipod connector installed a few months ago which meant having to disconnect the CD player but that was an easy choice for me. I don't recall the make/manufacturer of the connector but if you trawl the forums on here you will find a few threads about adaptors that work for Lexus. It takes a bit of getting used to and its a bit clunky but I have to say the Mark Levinson stereo with an Ipod is truly wonderful. I don't know if there are any adaptors that have a dual connector allowing for both a USB or an Ipod but I'm fairly certain you won't be able to have two separate adaptors.

Anyway, I hope that helps (at least a bit).

Regards,

Tony.

Hello,

I'm not sure I can help you fully but I have the 2004 LS430 with the Levinson sound system.

The Sat Nav includes phone/bluetooth options on my model and it works fine - I really don't know if you have the same version.

I had an Ipod connector installed a few months ago which meant having to disconnect the CD player but that was an easy choice for me. I don't recall the make/manufacturer of the connector but if you trawl the forums on here you will find a few threads about adaptors that work for Lexus. It takes a bit of getting used to and its a bit clunky but I have to say the Mark Levinson stereo with an Ipod is truly wonderful. I don't know if there are any adaptors that have a dual connector allowing for both a USB or an Ipod but I'm fairly certain you won't be able to have two separate adaptors.

Anyway, I hope that helps (at least a bit).

Regards,

Tony.

May I be so bold as to ask how much this conversion has cost??

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to do this on a 07 600h. The Denison 300 has USB and iPod connectors. There is also a device that lets you keep the CD player if you want to.

http://www.dension.com/product/iPod-iPhone-car-adapters/gateway-300

These people will fit at your home or work location.

http://www.incar-installer.com/

Unsure whether yo use them or Lexus.

I have 2001 LS 430 which i wanted ipod integration with the CD changer in place. The system i used also gives me Video through the sat nav system. This is the Soundlinq 2, cost around £200. I believe that you can add other features through their connections on the box. Other than that, have a Parrot system fitted that gives you Bluetooth music and Phone connection. Using the correct adaptor lead into the wiring harness should give you all the wife is requesting. Cost depends on which display/unit you want. anywhere from £150-250 fitted. I have just changed to a 2004 model LS430 which has a totally different Sat Nav system with Bluetooth in it. will be transferring my Soundlinq kit as find it useful to watch my Iphone movies while i am sitting around...... Sometimes hours.. :eerrrmm:

Clive PH (P15CPH)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links