Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been For A Test Drive!

Being new to the forum I would beg some more thoughts / advice. I have just driven a high mileage 400 SEL and loved the car. I think the mileage on the test car is too high at 97000, although it is in good condition. There are two others, one black SEL with 63000, at 21950, and a silver SEL 34000, at 22950, The black one is Nov 08, and the silver Jan 08. The only difference being the video screens. both cars have full history and warrantee from Lexus, and both are 1 owner. I would appreciate your knowledgeable thoughts as to which is considered the better buy. We are low mileage users, so the 63000 miles isn't a problem. Many thanks, Ainsley

I would not be overly concerned with the mileage provided it is backed up by a dealer service history. I personally prefer the darker colours as opposed to silver but its all personal choice really. I would base it more on the overall feel of the car and how it looks. But i am sure you will be fine whatever choice you make. I have added some further comments Via PM please take the time to read them you may find it useful.

Being new to the forum I would beg some more thoughts / advice. I have just driven a high mileage 400 SEL and loved the car. I think the mileage on the test car is too high at 97000, although it is in good condition. There are two others, one black SEL with 63000, at 21950, and a silver SEL 34000, at 22950, The black one is Nov 08, and the silver Jan 08. The only difference being the video screens. both cars have full history and warrantee from Lexus, and both are 1 owner. I would appreciate your knowledgeable thoughts as to which is considered the better buy. We are low mileage users, so the 63000 miles isn't a problem. Many thanks, Ainsley

You choose - there is no practical difference.

For a grand more I would go with the one with lower mileage. I bought one in aleutian grey but do like them in silver.

Plus swirls and scratches that cars pick up over time show up less in lighter colors so I think the silver one will age better.

I have to say, I like the Grey, and also the Slate. I have had to leave these two cars as we had to return to Spain, but since then the dealer has come up with more cars!! There is always another one, as my old Mum used to say!, many thanks, Ainsley

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links