Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yes added with MY2010

Blast another reason why I need a MY2010 car - guess ill have to find the additional 3k

Maybe not for three reasons:

(1) Technical: Codecs used in the UK for DAB provide audio quality inferior to FM, plus DAB was specifically not intended for mobile reception because low signals unavoidably encountered whilst moving lose reception altogether which is much worse than a bit of shash on FM.

(2) Coverage is not brilliant - I cannot receive DAB here in Camberley without an external chimney-mounted aerial, so check you will be able to receive it where you are likely to go in your car.

(3) DAB take-up in the UK has been very poor with stations closing faster than they are opening because audience surveys show a third of the channels have no listeners whatsoever - so DAB in its present form may be closed down before too long unless FM is switched off to force people to use the inferior and unpopular DAB.

Also note NO MY2009 ISFs were imported into the UK; the only ones registered in 2009 were MY2008.

Have a MY2010 IS-F and so far haven't used DAB, the volume level seems very poor compared to FM.

I would however say the MY2010 is worth the extra £3k because:

Proper Limited Slip Diff fitted

Satnav now HDD based rather than DVD, you can also copy 10GB music onto the system.

USB / iPod conectivity in the centre console.

Dab reception is crystal clear in the Midlands ,London & the South but travel to the East Coast & FM is the only option,

I have heard that Dab performance is very hit & miss with many people disappointed----mine equals the Denon System

in the front room,

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links