Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Test Driving An Is F ?

Just watch out for sudden flashing lights by the road and for blue ones behind.

There is no easier car to drive than the ISF - ultra-controllable at low speed and stable but exciting with the right foot down.

Keep an eye on the fuel-guage - it gets thirsty if you really push it. Very, very thirsty.

Just guard against scraping the hugely expensive alloys or letting the front lip ride over kerbs.

Enjoy :<)

I test drove one at the OPen Road event at Staunton Harold Hall last year, no one was allowed to go out in it alone you had a qualified race driver with you.

After he demonstrated what it could do when in the right hands it was my turn.

It certainly moves and sticks to the road like glue but is considering the suspension set up extremely comfortable.

It was mostly country lanes but there was a brief section of the A511 where I got the chance to open it up, not daring to take my eyes off the road I asked the "navigator" what speed I hit to which he casually replied 90, felt a lot faster but didn't hit the ton.

A section on the way back was a fast road but due to roadworks was limited to 30mph. My 1st though was "it won't like driving at this speed" but it didn't mind at all and drove like any other car at low speed.

In a nut shell it's as tame as a pussy cat until you hit the right pedal then it transforms into a leopard.

Oh did I mention the exhaust note? I'll say no more find out for yourself, take care have fun.

One thing I did notice was when driving through the gates back onto the estate the parking sensors decided to activate, worried me for a second or two as I was no where near the posts or in reverse so don't panic if it happens to you.

Well I've test driven both a MY2008 and a MY2010 car - The biggest difference was on the test routes I got to use, the MY2010 car was all dual carriageway which was fine but didn't give me a great understanding of the car... The MY2008 car I got to drive some twisty roads as well as some fast sections and that really made me realise how great the handling is..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links