Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For All Lpg Drivers Here.

Today I noticed that on FULL throttle (sport button on) my system(BRC) switches back to petrol. I had about half a tank of LPG so will try this again with a full tank to rule out pressure.

Anyone had this happening?

The only time this has happened to me is when the tank was almost empty. With half a tank this should not be happening. What size pipe is there coming from the tank to the vapouriser?

HTH

Tc

This has not happened with my BRC system except when the LPG tank has been very low and about to run out any way.

Does yours switch to petrol on full throttle, then switch back to LPG when you ease off? Some systems have been designed to work that way, it allows the installer to fit a cheaper undersized system which is ok on LPG for 99% of the time, but switches to petrol on full throttle.

If it switches to petrol, and stays on petrol, then you may have an undersized feed pipe or evaporator.

John N

This has not happened with my BRC system except when the LPG tank has been very low and about to run out any way.

Does yours switch to petrol on full throttle, then switch back to LPG when you ease off? Some systems have been designed to work that way, it allows the installer to fit a cheaper undersized system which is ok on LPG for 99% of the time, but switches to petrol on full throttle.

If it switches to petrol, and stays on petrol, then you may have an undersized feed pipe or evaporator.

John N

You may be on to something here John. It did switch back to lpg immediately when I eased off. I will try a few more full throttle runs to prove this theory. I must say that when I floored the loud pedal the 1st time, the car kinda hesitated, I let off and floored it again and then it switched to petrol. there were 2 lights on at the level indicator at the time, but today after 10 miles or so it went to 1 light. So basically, at the time, it had about a 1/4 tank of lpg

Never rely on the lights you get with the system. I have never known any of them to be accurate.

I always set the milometer and just refuel when its gets to around 325miles.

Mike

Never rely on the lights you get with the system. I have never known any of them to be accurate.

Mike

ok, so how accurate is the gauge on the tank?

Mike

ok, so how accurate is the gauge on the tank?

On a scale of 1 to 10, 7

Its nothing like your petrol gauge.

Every one I know only use their odometer.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links