Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was sat in the car the other day while it chucked it down outside, and noticed this:

7097448155_4d0c7caa51_z.jpg

It was leaking on both sides. I'm guessing the water got in through the triangular bit of plastic that the door mirror sits on - there was no wetness anywhere around the door frame.

Anyone else had this, and presumably I'd have to take the door card off to find the culprit? Any online guides?

Had a similar prob on my mark IV, the problem was the window chrome trim/seal that goes around the top of the door frame. This was letting water through the securing bolt holes on to the plastic door surround which then ran down the trim to exit from the tweeter. The interior trim needs removing to access the seal securing bolts. Once these have been removed the seal can be removed. it apears that a non setting mastic was used at the factory. Once this was cleaned off and replaced everything was fine. Watch the securing clips for the interior trim they break easy.

Hope this helps

mark

Had a similar prob on my mark IV, the problem was the window chrome trim/seal that goes around the top of the door frame. This was letting water through the securing bolt holes on to the plastic door surround which then ran down the trim to exit from the tweeter. The interior trim needs removing to access the seal securing bolts. Once these have been removed the seal can be removed. it apears that a non setting mastic was used at the factory. Once this was cleaned off and replaced everything was fine. Watch the securing clips for the interior trim they break easy.

Hope this helps

mark

Job for next week then. Thanks for the details, I'll try and post a guide if I'm successful.

Just noticed that my mirrors don't appear to be burning off water droplets (as heated mirrors should) so there's another task.

It seems to be a mkIV problem as I have never encountered it on any previous models.

I had a similar leak....sorta.....my leak was coming from the bottom of the door card arm rest 2 days ago.

• 10 months later...

Hope this helps

mark

Job for next week then. Thanks for the details, I'll try and post a guide if I'm successful.

Just noticed that my mirrors don't appear to be burning off water droplets (as heated mirrors should) so there's another task.

I have exactly the same problem at some point as the tweeter speaker grill covers on both doors have rusted as you can see (the worst one) in the pics with a little rusty imprint on the door closure trim. Haven't noticed any more water coming in, but I'd like to do some preventative maintenance to stop the problem from happening again.

Did anyone on here manage to do a step by step guide of how to remove the door card and if you break the plastic trim clips - where on earth do you get them from?

post-46156-0-00301000-1361628177.jpg

post-46156-0-99655400-1361628178.jpg

I've never broken a trim clip on my LS400 yet so would be surprised if you did,just get your fingers behind and tug.

If you do break one I'll give you one for free.

Thanks Steve, I really appreciate that - has anyone on here done a step by step DIY of removing the front door cards with photos?

• 3 months later...

My drivers door tweeter speaker grill (Mk.4), had the same problem a while ago and is now slightly rusty in places. I cured it by applying some clear silicone in the small gaps surrounding the black triangular mirror base. It has never leaked since, even in heavy rain. As long as you wipe off any excess silicone you wont notice the repair. Did the same on the passenger side. No leaks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links