Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Forget this, I have it all sorted now !!!!!!

Hi Folks, I have done a search and found some various threads on how to make the existing electric mirrors fold when the ignition is turned off and on (without using the button on the dash !! ), but they are from a long time ago.

I religiously press the folding mirror button before exiting the car and then pressing it again to have them fold out again. I have done this so often that the little painted icon on the button has worn away :(

Various searches on Google have LED me to a company in Bangkok who have a kit called po-40 Folding Mirror Upgrade Kit !!!

I think there is also a Lexus Member in Australia called Ashpoint who has also popped up on various searches !!, but not sure if I can PM him via our UK site !!

Has anyone done this with a tried and tested kit ?

Any help would be approciated, I have a 2003 Lexus RX300 SE.

Cheers

Bobby

Sorry Steve,

I sorted this by having a Skype video call with a guy in Australia who supplies these units, found him on the Australian Lexus Forum (his Forum name is Ashpoint). He sources these units from Bangkok.

He has great detailed instructions in colour (for the wiring) and photos and is prepared to give back up support via Skype/Voip if you have a problem.

If you do a search for IS 250 Folding Mirrors, he has a thread abot the cost etc.

He makes no secret of his email address (michaelr@ashpoint.com.au)

If you look at my previous request about this, then this unit does all of that.

He will ship it from Australia to the UK and it should arrive within 8 days.

Once I have done it all, I will post a update.

These units are the exact same units which are installed in most production cars that come off the production line with auto folding mirrors as standard. I expect that there is a safety back up to prevent such damage.

More or less what we already have in our existing manual folding mirrors i.e. if you press the folding button and something is preventing it from folding, it will simply click a few times and give up and neither damage the mirror nor the motor.

But it is a good point and I will ask my supplier your question.

Cheers

I have done this modification of the mirrors on my 57 plate IS220d and it works just fine. Have a look at my contribution to this thread earlier this year

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=75371&st=20

Michael in Australia was extremely helpful. I think that mine was the first 220d to do the modification.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links