Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well having bought our 96 LS400 LPG in January the date of our Pan European road trip to Prague followed by running the Prague Marathon and driving back a few days later was finally upon us! A few uneducated people had laughed at me when I said we'd bought an old car that had done 130K - they didn't think it'd make it - they thought the idea was silly! I knew that it was going to fine! What I didn't realise was just how good it was going to be!

Despite knowing that these cars a built really well there was always going to be a bit of a risk. We'd had the car sorn since we bought it and I'd had to buy a new Battery as the old one was rubbish! We were entering a bit of the unknown but on Wednesday 9th May we set off from Leeds bound for Maidstone on the first leg of our trip. Through the constant rain we made it to our Travelodge late at night and ready for bed. Come the morning it was time to break borders - come lunch we were dining in Brugge - the self titled Yorkshire Elite Endurance team and their "Sexy Lexi" had made it to Brussels without incident and in 1st class comfort! What I'd always wished for was coming true - the car was performing as strongly as I had hoped and any doubts the others had were being dismissed! Our non car liking non driver even admitted that he loved the car and made a nest behind the drivers seat - that seat was his and no one else's! By 10 that night we arrived in Wurzberg in Germany. I had made a bee line for the drivers seat from Brugge knowing that it would be my opportunity to have my first experience on der Autobahn - wow! Only at 110 did the others even realise I was going quickly - at 135 I told myself to slow down as I was scared! Sexy Lexi took it all in her stride!

Friday we toured the Pilsner Urquell brewery in Pilzen before heading in to Prague - our final destination. The car sailed it. Sunday it was turn of our feet to do the transport - 26 miles 4hours 48minutes and 57 seconds later I completed my first ever marathon! Several days of aches, pains and beers followed before we hit the road for the return 1000miles. Again Sexy Lexi crossed the continant without even a noise - the Czech Republic and Germany were taken care of stopping over night in Cologne. Yesterday it was the turn of Holland, Belgium, France and the A1 to have the Lexi experience! By 9pm we were home. It was intended that after we had completed we ould sell this barge but how can we? We've been so far, experienced so much!

Next? Transporting the YEE team to the National Three Peaks looks like it will be Lexi's next challenge - I can't wait!

For those intersted in how much a V8 converted to LPG will cost you to do such a thing - about £370 - that was 1 tank of petrol (just in case) and 4 tanks of gas - and the best place to buy it is Belgium! 0.65 euro a litre - and that's on the motorway at services! Even cheaper in town!

When we arrived in Prague we swung by Lexus Praha for a photo - the dealers and customers all came out to see what was going on! We even got a friendly wave as we left.

Here we are outside the dealership (which by the way was the least impressive dealership I've seen!)

As3bdcKCEAA81qQ.jpg

That's me far left touching the sign.

The car goes on - fantastically - a big thanks to Lexus for making such a fantastic motor!

Thanks for reading!

We did this challenge for charity - anyone wanting to make a donation can visit out JustGiving page and choose a runner who's charity you would like to support. We are supporting RNLI, Carers Resorce and Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital.

For more information from our trip search twitter for the hashtag #Czechmates

So you only did a 2000 mile trip ......... not a real test then for a Lexii ........ all owners know that she would do that trip " easy peasy " ........... I'm going to do that mileage touring Scotland from Kent at the end of this summer !

Guess you won't ever not now drive a LS400 ........ on my 3rd and 9.5 years and about 200k miles .... and just about faultless motoring ...... I learnt early in life the meaning of " driving " when I got my first LS400 all those years ago.

Well done on your charity fundraising ...... all power to you.

Best wishes.

Malc

Cheers Malc - to be honest we've all fallen in love with this car so we may keep it. I'm also thinking of trading in my Skoda for a 430 possibly. I've always loved a Lexus but I've made the mistake of driving one and now I want MORE!!!

Cheers Malc - to be honest we've all fallen in love with this car so we may keep it. I'm also thinking of trading in my Skoda for a 430 possibly. I've always loved a Lexus but I've made the mistake of driving one and now I want MORE!!!

Before you do that read the thread I miss my LS400.

Well done on the trip and the picture.

Mike

Yeah I've seen and understand that after this little foray - Money wise the Mk4 is the one to go for but I prefer the shape of the 430 - I'll have to try it first of course and I may just stick with the vRS.

Anyway - here's a couple more photos for you all -

Crossing the Czech border

389198_10151744677325858_865200857_24506868_1643516803_n.jpg

Before we left for home

552976_10151744700970858_865200857_24507056_1526747376_n.jpg

Quality report Will

Really enjoyed reading it. Nothing beats a good road trip. Everytime my wife mentions the South of France I take that as my cue to buy another Lexus. Like you need an excuse. My LS400 took me to my first marathon the other day.....in Brighton. Your trip sounded more fun.

Cheers

Ed

My wife and I + 2 are off to Italy in our LS400 in July really looking forward to, it taking in France,Germany,Austria on our way then back via Germany, Belgium and France hoping for some cheap LPG along the way Steve.

Belgium is the cheapest no doubt! Let it run out and use petrol for a bit if need be - you'll save about 20cents a litre filling up in Belgium! France was a bit cheaper than Germany too. Don't forget your LPG adapters - you'll need the screw one and the cup one.

Belgium is the cheapest no doubt! Let it run out and use petrol for a bit if need be - you'll save about 20cents a litre filling up in Belgium! France was a bit cheaper than Germany too. Don't forget your LPG adapters - you'll need the screw one and the cup one.

There in the boot already :phone:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links