Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help! Burning Smell

Hi

Sorry to bring up this topic again if previously post.

Been having trouble when doing reverse parking after long/short drive and there's this strong burning smell under the car.

Started last friday when driving my IS200 sport to Worcester. Reverse stop and the smell is strong.

Ask few friends, some say it could be bad spark plugs and some say it cud be oil got in the exhaust.

Worry what cud possibly wrong. Hope anyone cud help or know how to fix this. thanks

Could be anything.... Have you got under the car to see if you have collected a supermarket carrier bag? you could have a small oil leak running down the outside of the exhaust but you are going to have to get underneath and have a close look at the exhaust/ manifold

Could be anything.... Have you got under the car to see if you have collected a supermarket carrier bag? you could have a small oil leak running down the outside of the exhaust but you are going to have to get underneath and have a close look at the exhaust/ manifold

Not a thing sticking under the car as i just had a clutch kit replace on monday and everything run fine and then it all happen on last friday while stop in Worcester the smell started.

Mate told me i shud changed the spark plug since last change. As u said it might had oil leak ... there's no oil spot when the car is sit still . it cud be anything :geek:

Hi Pete does it smell like rubber burning or metal (brake) smell? would be best to check if its coming from the front section or back section of the car as I read sticky calipers could cause burning smell although i havent experienced it. if its coming from the rear is it always when you engage reverse? if so maybe have your differencial checked looks like a strange issue.

if this only happens after spirited (agressive) driving and braking then it might just be heat generated from excessive braking...

I can sometimes smell a burning rubber after I have drove like a nutter putting my foot down. It only smells of burning rubber though when I have a car full of passengers. So could be something to do with weight.

Hi Pete does it smell like rubber burning or metal (brake) smell? would be best to check if its coming from the front section or back section of the car as I read sticky calipers could cause burning smell although i havent experienced it. if its coming from the rear is it always when you engage reverse? if so maybe have your differencial checked looks like a strange issue.

if this only happens after spirited (agressive) driving and braking then it might just be heat generated from excessive braking...

yes, it's only happen when engage reverse and it's didn't involve weigh. is smell strong rubber burning mix with oil like.

do i need garage mechanic to check on the differential?

my mate wife do drive an IS200 se but he said it's a common issue but i need to get the spark plug checked first. that's y i came here first before visit local garage. was hoping to get few answer here

I can sometimes smell a burning rubber after I have drove like a nutter putting my foot down. It only smells of burning rubber though when I have a car full of passengers. So could be something to do with weight.

Did done over 100ish and when go for stop i cud see heat smoke underneath surface and came with the strong burning smell..... nothing broken or hit from what i've known. run smooth ... just the burning smell worries me might lead to something serious later

back from he garage where i instal the clucth kits recently. what causing the smoke is from the clucth oil which over fill. he just say it will eventually burn away the excess oil.not to worries.

is he pulling my leg or i shud drain he clucth oil? :geek:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links