Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, is there any information please on the next IS? I believe it will be next year and will be a mini "(new) GS"?

As usual, buying the current IS250 next year would be value for money as Lexus will be loading them with kit before production ends?

Thanks

I read in forums that it might look like new GS, though nothing is announced officailly yet...

i beleive there will be a hybrid in the lineup for the new generation

also just read this article, this was probably planned for the IS and they are just adding it to the GS lineup http://www.autocar.c...-hybrid-planned

The Service Manager at my local dealership showed me the new GS250 to me today. Apparently has the V6 with a few performance mods to make it a little quicker than the IS250. Completely new IS will be introduced soon following similar looks to the GS range and he reckons it it will include an IS-F version.

The GS250 is available in model types SE (£33,605.00), 250 Luxury (£36,605.00) and F Sport (£40,605.00).

I had a good look at the GS450h too.

Thanks. I'm very excited about the next IS. For the compact executives this will be the first NEW car against the new 3 series saloon (F30). The A4 and C-Class are both in their facelift versions and new models won't be out until after the new IS.

In the same way the current IS (released November 2005) was the first new car against the previous 3 series (E90) (March 2005 onwards).

I think the direct competition with the 3 series has died down; it was more with the 1st generation IS (1999) against the E46 3 series when Lexus basically copied the dimensions of the E46 saloon - the press said BMW should be flattered I recall.

Having said that BMW copied the Lexus rear lights on their 3 series compact (remember?) and if you park an E90 3 saloon next to the 1st generation IS - head on - they look similar - headlights are "samey"... Lexus should be flattered!

I think the new IS will have same styling as the new GS which I think looks quite blend. My dealer has confirmed that it will be a 4 cylinder hybrid and will be released next year. Together with a non-hybrid 350 version. I like the the styling on the current IS, specially in F-sport. I think it will look good many years to come.

The Service Manager at my local dealership showed me the new GS250 to me today. Apparently has the V6 with a few performance mods to make it a little quicker than the IS250. Completely new IS will be introduced soon following similar looks to the GS range and he reckons it it will include an IS-F version.

The GS250 is available in model types SE (£33,605.00), 250 Luxury (£36,605.00) and F Sport (£40,605.00).

The GS250 is not quicker than the IS (0-100km/h 8.6 sec). But the new GS250 has a new intake that sounds better than IS with stock intake.

I think the new IS will have same styling as the new GS which I think looks quite blend. My dealer has confirmed that it will be a 4 cylinder hybrid and will be released next year. Together with a non-hybrid 350 version. I like the the styling on the current IS, specially in F-sport. I think it will look good many years to come.

It would be nice to see an IS350 version but I'm not holding my breath. They never bothered to bring the current IS350 to Europe.

The GS250 is not quicker than the IS (0-100km/h 8.6 sec). But the new GS250 has a new intake that sounds better than IS with stock intake.

I didn't check the stats but that's what the Service Manager said having driven it. OK, the IS250 0-62 is supposedly 8.5 secs as opposed to the GS250's 8.6 secs so theorectically a tad slower. The intake noise is due to the 'F' Sport type lower airbox having an extra open air intake so probably makes it sound faster :lol:.

• 1 month later...

I very excited about the next IS (we know now what the new LS looks like as well as the GS, RX and CT) and if it's going to be a smaller but sexier version of the new GS - I think it's going to be a stunner especially in F-Sport guise. Hopefully there will be some styling inside and outside which will be unique to the IS: I wouldn't mind bringing back the sports style chronographic watch speedo as on the original 1999 IS. I look forward with baited breath to end of this year when the press should be treating us to some pictures?

It's still on my mind to buy the current IS right at the end of its life cycle because Lexus will be loading it with loads of kit for a bargain price; maybe I should just let go. I really like the white F-Sport IS with the DRLs.

I was told that the dealerships have seen pictures of the new IS...

Bearing in mind what has happened to the LS, and the new GS, it seems to me it will have both the face and interior of those.

I had an IS220d which I have to say was not good - the gear change was sloppy, really awful gearing, poor economy, the ride was disjointedly firm, and so having come back to Lexus, I bought what Lexus do best - Auto Petrol - and this is so much more a Lexus. Just a wafter....

The new GS250 is almost as economical (-10%) than the early 220d I had.

I hope they don't bother with a bolted in derv and just do the hybrid - which I have been told will be the case.

The GS250 doesn't have much torque at all, so you cannot rush it. However, in normal use it is brilliant. My gentle driving style suits it well - so it's fine for me.

The current new IS Advance has nice LEDs which look similar to those on the new GS and refreshed RX. It is 27k though, and I drove one for a few days, felt and sounded smoother than my 06 IS 250. I really hope that they do not wreck the new IS with the same suspect set up as the new GS. A 4 pot engine from the Toyota Avensis mated with Prius Battery pack will rob this car of its lure, this is most likely what they will do to the new IS. I saw the new BMW 3 seres 320d sport the other day - they are gunning for Lexus customers, as there are many design and feature cues from the current IS. I hope Lexus takes this into account. There is not a lot to fix in the current IS, just needs LEDs, more power, more fuel economy and fewer rattles , and a good deal for current Lexus owners. At present, Lexus seem to offer less for their own cars as trade in as do BMW and others....!

I really hope that they do not wreck the new IS with the same suspect set up as the new GS. A 4 pot engine from the Toyota Avensis mated with Prius battery pack will rob this car of its lure, this is most likely what they will do to the new IS.

I saw the new BMW 3 seres 320d sport the other day - they are gunning for Lexus customers

Exactly what GS has a 4 cylinder engine?

I'm not sure BMW concern themselves too much with Lexus customers.

April 2012 - 3,737 BMW 3 series sold, 70 Lexus IS sold

Sorry, what I meant was I think Toyota will put an inferior petrol engine into the new IS hybrid, most lovely a 4 pot.

Lexus are playing a long game, like Mercedes of old. Build the brand by delivering a bulletproof car that will have enduring reliability and appeal. They have succeeded. BMW used to represent so-called prestige, but they are as common as the Mondeo. In the old days, prestige meant reliability and future proof. BMW would like to see the Lexus experiment to fail in Europe, even if that means gaining just a few thousand new customers. Gordon Brown and company thrashed Lexus, market wise, With savage motoring taxes and stealth charges. Remember the days when diesel was much cheaper than petrol? The Govt conned the UK into a diesel frenzy, and now reap the rewards with higher diesel prices etc...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links