Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have been exploring the market for GS450h models and have noticed the almost non-exisistent availability of low mileage models, whereas if you look at the IS250 there is an abundance of them about.

Anyone have a logical explanation for this?

I can only summise that GS450h owners enjoy driving them so much that they just keep on driving and driving........and driving!

Mines is up for sale, low mileage

2008 (58)

only 16,500 miles

£16,000

you will have to be quick though it will be px on 5th June

see classified section.

Chris

it is very simple, there just aren't many GS vehicles on the road compared to the IS.

In 2011 there were only 80 GS cars sold in the UK, compared to 1,871 IS cars. Even worse if you want to find an LS as only 41 of those were sold.

2008 (58)

only 16,500 miles

£16,000

see classified section.

Chris

Hi Chris, nice of you to offer and, much as I would like to take you up on it, tis is little over my budget I'm afraid. Thanks anyway

P.S. Are you buying another one?

it is very simple, there just aren't many GS vehicles on the road compared to the IS.

In 2011 there were only 80 GS cars sold in the UK, compared to 1,871 IS cars. Even worse if you want to find an LS as only 41 of those were sold.

Hello ColiBarber, Gosh, what staggeringly suprising figures you have quoted. When you say only 80 GS cars, does that figure include the 300 too?

I have spotted only 13 450h's on AutoTrader and as I say, most of them have quite high mileages in comparison to the IS250. Is this generally because they are used by executives as company vehicles and tend to be hurtling around the country on a regular basis?

I am thinking of changing my 220d to either an IS250, a GS300 but, someone mentioned to me that the 450 returns a better mpg and it was this that made me have a look at them but, I was put off by the high mileage so I think that I am back to the original choice of 250 or 300.

I have an appointment at a Lexus dealership tomorrow to see what is on offer. Hopefully I might strike it lucky!

2008 (58)

only 16,500 miles

£16,000

see classified section.

Chris

Hi Chris, nice of you to offer and, much as I would like to take you up on it, tis is little over my budget I'm afraid. Thanks anyway

Hi Geoff, yes I have a GS450h f sport on order, should be delivered around the 5th June, good luck in your search you may find more 450h,s on the market as the new one start arriving in June.

Chris

2008 (58)

only 16,500 miles

£16,000

see classified section.

Chris

Hi Geoff, yes I have a GS450h f sport on order, should be delivered around the 5th June, good luck in your search you may find more 450h,s on the market as the new one start arriving in June.

Chris

Hi again Chris, Lucky man! if you look hard you will see a little touch of the green monster in my eyes!!! Good luck with the new car....enjoy!!!! P.S. I think you mean July don't you?

2008 (58)

only 16,500 miles

£16,000

see classified section.

Chris

Chris

Hi again Chris, Lucky man! if you look hard you will see a little touch of the green monster in my eyes!!! Good luck with the new car....enjoy!!!! P.S. I think you mean July don't you?

Yes I did mean July, I have had the car on order since February, I think I am just wishing the months past to quick

Hello ColiBarber, Gosh, what staggeringly suprising figures you have quoted. When you say only 80 GS cars, does that figure include the 300 too?

I have spotted only 13 450h's on AutoTrader and as I say, most of them have quite high mileages in comparison to the IS250. Is this generally because they are used by executives as company vehicles and tend to be hurtling around the country on a regular basis?

I am thinking of changing my 220d to either an IS250, a GS300 but, someone mentioned to me that the 450 returns a better mpg and it was this that made me have a look at them but, I was put off by the high mileage so I think that I am back to the original choice of 250 or 300.

I have an appointment at a Lexus dealership tomorrow to see what is on offer. Hopefully I might strike it lucky!

The figure is for all GS vehicles however as Lexus stopped selling the GS300 a couple of years ago this is a 450h only figure.

The number is so low because:

1 - The GS has never been that popular in the UK

2 - Lexus left it too late to introduce a new model and announced it too early so existing sales dried up

3 - The general state of the UK economy

I'm sure there will be some lower mileage 450h's about, just have to be a bit patient.

Make sure you look at one if you haven't already to make sure you are happy with the small boot.

The figure is for all GS vehicles however as Lexus stopped selling the GS300 a couple of years ago this is a 450h only figure.

The number is so low because:

1 - The GS has never been that popular in the UK

2 - Lexus left it too late to introduce a new model and announced it too early so existing sales dried up

3 - The general state of the UK economy

I'm sure there will be some lower mileage 450h's about, just have to be a bit patient.

Make sure you look at one if you haven't already to make sure you are happy with the small boot.

Thanks again for the info, much appreciated. Is the boot smaller than the IS then?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links